Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 5-Our Last Day at Disney World!

Wednesday was our last day so we had to make the most of it!  We decided to go back to the Magic Kingdom for the day and do some things we had not been able to do yet.  Cohen had a few more princesses she wanted to see and we had some things we had not gotten to do on the other days.  We had washed all the hairspray and other hair products out of Cohen's hair, much to her disappointment.  She asked me to put it up like it was so I had to do a very loose version of something probably not even halfway close to how it was, but when she saw her hair was up she was happy and as long as the crown was in we were good.  You will notice a new, bigger face jewel on her...Brock and Kelly had been at the hotel's arcade the night before and Brock hit the jackpot on tickets.  He was so sweet to pick out something for Cohen and Kate and Cohen's prize was a face jewel.  Just what we needed!  She was so happy about it and sported it proudly!
Everything was going great as we headed over to the park but when we got there and it was stroller time Kate had an even bigger melt down than the day before and I think Kelly & I both were tested to the limits on this one.  At one point she laid down on the ground with her blankie and just curled up.  Poor girl I know was tired and she had been a trooper throughout everything but if any of you are like me I was about to go crazy!  We finally headed on into the park with her screaming.  Cohen & I were going to Fantasyland to do Enchanted Tales with Belle.   When we got there I took her and Kate while Kelly & Brock went to ride a roller coaster.  We had about a 40 minute wait and thank goodness for my phone because that seemed to keep Kate calm.  Unfortunately I had to hold her the whole time.  I was bound and determined not to let her spoil the fun of this because so many people had told me how good it was.  When it was finally our turn Kate did great, thank goodness and it was well worth the wait.  I love Beauty and the Beast and used to watch it so much growing up.  I think I enjoyed this as much or more than Cohen!  Everything was really magical!  The kids act out the play for Belle herself and when she walks in the room they were all just amazed...and I was too!  It was one of the cutest things at the park in my opinion.  Cohen played the part of Belle's father, Maurice, and she had to "shiver" behind the bars.  At the end each child is announced to Belle and they get to have their picture made with her.  It was just precious!
the talking wardrobe
Lumiere
Cohen holding her bars ready for her part!
Cohen & Belle
Kelly met me outside at the stroller and we left to have lunch at Belle's castle.  We had been told this was great to do and at lunch it is a quick serve so no reservation was needed.  We waited about 30 minutes which wasn't too bad.  We ordered, sat down, and Cohen and I went to look around and go see the magic rose.  Everything was going great until the food came and Cohen decided she would have her own little meltdown because her sandwich just didn't look right.  I think at this point I was praying for God to give me the patience I so quickly had lost!  I know kids get tired so easily and I think we adults try to make everything so special that when one thing goes wrong it is easy to lose it.  We finally finished up and left.  It was really beautiful inside and I enjoyed getting to eat there.  On the way out I was taking a picture of the glass and Kelly laughed and said, "do you want a picture of all of us to remember how fun this lunch was."  We laughed at how everyone was all smiles for the picture and I know we will not forget that lunch!
Inside the ballroom...this was before the meltdown

The magic rose...I loved this!
All smiles!  You would never know anything was ever wrong :)

 Luckily, everyone was happy again after we left and we headed out for more fun.  Cohen really wanted to go meet Jasmine but we had some time before we could do that.  We decided to go meet princess Tiana first.  When Cohen saw her it was so cute because she had seen all these princesses but she was still amazed at seeing another one and she just looked at me and said, "she is just beautiful."
waiting on Princess Tiana.  Kate loved the mulch and pine needles.
Telling her she was 5 years old!

 After meeting Tiana we went to ride the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster.  This was Cohen's first big roller coaster and she was so excited.  She never hesitated on riding any rides.  She loved it too.  She told me it took her stomach but she wanted to ride it again!  Cohen, Brock and I had rode together the first ride but we had gotten a rider switch ticket for Kelly so they were able to go in the Fast Pass line and ride the second time.  It worked out great because we didn't have to wait long at all and then it got crowded again but with them going in the Fast Pass line it was a short wait again.  Kate had fallen asleep for her afternoon nap so I was able to get a picture of them riding the roller coaster.  It was so cute seeing Cohen in between Kelly & Brock.  She didn't have her hands up on the ride but she came off the ride with them up!  She wanted to ride again but we said no that it was time to go see Jasmine.  She was happy with that and off we went!  We were able to be at the front of the line for Jasmine and Aladdin.  While we were in line Cohen did a little shopping.  She wanted a little Jasmine dress up doll set.  She had her own money so that's what she chose.  Jasmine is one of her favorite princesses too.  I don't even know if she's watched the entire movie of Aladdin though.   Its funny how little girls are very familiar with the princesses themselves because they are pictured on all kinds of Disney products.  We even have some books that she loves on the princesses but as for knowing all the stories and movies, I think I know them better because I watched them when I was growing up.  We are going to work on that :)
Sleeping beauty herself!
Check out the last car...that's Kelly, Cohen, and Brock



Meeting Jasmine and Aladdin!


We had finally met everyone she wanted to meet!  Cohen wanted to ride a couple of other rides, the teacups again and a smaller roller coaster.  On Monday while we were at Magic Kingdom we had ridden the tea cups at night.  I had to hold sleeping Kate with one arm and turn the tea cup with Cohen with my other arm!  All the while Cohen is screaming "faster", "faster".  This time I sat with Kate while she slept and let her ride with Kelly and Brock.  I got to enjoy a yummy Dole Whip pineapple ice cream which was heaven!  I had earned that moment!!  I think I would go back for the ice cream alone, it was that good!  When Kate woke up I took her to do some last minute shopping.  Of course she was done with the stroller so I had to carry her.  We decided to head to Epcot for the evening.  My Mama wanted to watch their fireworks display and Cohen had begged to do "Turtle Talk with Crush" one more time.  It was such a fun trip with lots of memories made!  I think we learned a lot too!  We will definitely go back again sometime!  I can't thank my mama enough for taking us!  We had a magical time for sure!


Cohen & Bebe!  

On Friday after we had gotten home, Kate woke up with a fever so we had to go see Dr. Setia.  She had an ear infection!  I'm thinking this might have had a little to do with her meltdowns!  I'm glad it happened after we got home.


1 comment:

  1. Loved reading all about your trip and seeing all of your beautiful pictures! It looks like you all had a great time. I loved seeing Cohen all dressed up as a princess and meeting all the princesses. Sorry to hear about Kate. Same thing happened to Hudson. Hope she is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete