Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was a nice, relaxing day.  Cohen and I went to church while Kelly kept Kate at home.  She is suffering from a terrible diaper rash and we are trying everything to clear it up.  After church we had my family over to grill out for my mama.   It was nice to be able to eat out on the porch even though the wind actually made it chilly for us.  (Dear summer, please get here fast!)   The afternoon warmed up so I went for a nice run.  We had dinner with Kelly's family which was a great way to end the day.
After lunch Cohen was so excited for me to open my presents.  She and Kelly had wrapped them together and she had drew on the paper for me.  She had decided that she wanted to take pictures with my camera, which she loves doing.  It covers her whole face so it is so funny to watch her.  After she took several of me, Kelly, and Mama, she decided she would take some of me opening my gifts.  It was precious to watch and we just loved watching her.  I will have a great helper one of these days!  They had wrapped a cute outfit from my favorite store, J Crew, complete with a cute purse.  I loved it!  They also had a wicker sideboard for our porch but that couldn't be wrapped :)   I loved every single thing, but most of all I love being the Mama to my 2 girls.  Being a mother is such a blessing.  It definitely is one of the most challenging and rewarding things.  I know I often struggle with patience and how to handle certain situations and discipline, but at the end of the day it is all worth it and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I love my girls more than anything.
I also have to say I am blessed with the best Mom too!  She is the best there is and I love her to pieces!
Cohen & I going to church

Me & Paula with the best Mama around


Kelly said lets have a sassy or funny picture...this is what he got.  I think Mama is scared of us.

My shirt from Kate...as Cohen told me.  She was the photographer on this one!
The matching purse from Cohen...who had to take another picture of this.


We'll call this the funny picture of Kelly, Sara, and Lydia and it most certainly was...



1 comment: