Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cohen's First Day of 2nd Grade

The first day of 2nd grade is in the books and it was a huge success.  To say Cohen was excited would be an understatement.  It took over 2 hours to get her to fall asleep last night.  She woke me up at 5:00 am asking me if it was time for school yet.  I told her I would be up later when it was time and would get her up.  She popped right up when I got her up too.   Me on the other hand had hit the snooze button and thankfully woke up without it being too late.  Have I mentioned I'm not a morning person.  She was so excited to wear her new outfit complete with 2 bracelets.  You can tell from her big smile she was ready!  When we got to the school and parked I think she wanted us to run to her to class.  She practically pulled me.  Once we got to her classroom she put her book bag and lunchbox away and found her seat.  She got started on her word search right away.  I'm pretty sure she was good and never thought twice about me again.  I love her excitement though and if she is still this excited in one week we will be doing something!




These first 2 days of school are only 1/2 days so I was there to get her at 12:20.  As I was pulling up to her, she had that big excited smile on her face.  She told me she had a great day and couldn't wait to tell me all about the Jitter Juice they had made in her class.  It was to help ease the first day jitters.  She didn't know that I had got a sweet text with a picture of the class drinking their juice.  This made my morning to see how much fun she was having.

We all went for a quick lunch and I had actually forgot that Cohen did go to lunch at school.  She was all about a milkshake though.  Bryce on the other hand discovered a love for french fries.


This afternoon we decided to enjoy some pool time.  School may have started but summer is still here and I want to soak it all up as much as I can.  All 3 of my kids love the pool.  Bryce got to try out a new product I had received, the Otteroo.  More on that later.  While we were swimming we started watching this pretty butterfly that was blending in on the flowers so well.  Kate had told me she was going to catch it because we all know she loves butterflies.  I had convinced her to leave it alone and let it fly telling her how much it enjoyed its wings and flying to the flowers.  She had got on the float and was just playing on it when that same butterfly came and landed right on her.  It kept staying there so I grabbed my camera to snap a picture.  It was so cute to watch her.  At first she was frozen then she would just laugh.  She was amazed that this butterfly "loved her" and wanted  to land on her.  I love it!










It even spread out its wings!



She was starting to wonder if it might not come off

bye bye butterfly
We enjoyed our pool time and maybe we can squeeze in some more soon.  Tonight we just enjoyed some time outside.  Cohen has learned to ride her back pretty good without training wheels and now wants to ride every night.  I'm really proud of her for getting so good at it.  She was slow to want to but now she is loving it.  Kate loves riding hers too but the training wheels are a must for her.  They both took off down through the neighborhood.  I thought it was precious and I know we will cherish little moments like this.

At one point Kate had rode her tricycle and went down the hill having a blast, kicking her feet out and all, but coming back up that hill was no fun.  I turned around and she was dragging the tricycle.

Bryce always loves a ride in his car!  Outside time is his favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment