Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Little About Me & 5K fun

As many of you know, I love to blog!  Not only that, but I love to read other blogs as well.  It is so much fun to keep up with friends through their blogs and to read other blogs, whether it be about photography, DIY projects, Mommy blogs and so on.  I could literally read them all day I think.  Its also a great way to get product ideas and reviews.  It also has me thinking how I might want to do more with this blog one day...we shall see.  One of my best college friends, Carrie Beth, has a blog with her friend Jen called The Magnolia Mamas.  Definitely check them out.  I enjoy and relate to them both so well!  They had posted 10 questions for their reader as a fun way to get to know more about them.  How fun to play along with right?!  Here goes...


1.  What is your favorite season?  
Definitely summer!  I am all about warm weather.  I hate the cold and could definitely see Hubby and I retiring to the beach one day, at least during the winter!

2.  Would you rather wear jeans or a dress? 
I love both but probably a dress.  I love dresses, again especially in the summer!  So comfy!  I am a true girl and I love to dress up too!

3.  If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? 
I am all about traveling and have been very blessed to have traveled to several great places.  Right now my dream trip is to Europe to Italy and Switzerland.  Hopefully we are going to get this one in the books soon...maybe next year!! Woo hoo!

4.  Why did you start your blog? 
I started my blog as almost a scrapbook of our daily lives.  It was a great way for our out of town friends and family to keep up with us and our kids.  It has really been so much fun to do too.  I print my blog at the end of each year and it is so much fun to have our year in a book!  (and it keeps my pictures printed "somewhere")
5.  If you could go back to anytime in your life, when would you choose and why? 
I really love my life now with our kids but if I had to go back it would definitely be when I first graduated college and lived in Charlotte.  I LOVED that time in my life and all the great people I worked with.  NASCAR was an awesome industry to be working in and I cherish the friends I made and all the FUN memories.  I still keep in touch with those friends and think of them all the time.  Its also where I met my WAIF friends!  Love those girls.

6.  What's your favorite TV show?
I rarely have time to sit and watch TV so thank goodness for a DVR!  How did we ever watch anything before those!  I love Dateline though and Hubby and I love The Voice.  I mean what's not to love with Adam Levine on the show, right?

7.  What 3 beauty products could you not live without? 
My cream to powder foundation, lip gloss, and now my Rodan & Fields eye cream.  

8.  What are you looking forward to most this summer? 
Soooo many things!  The BEACH!  I love having no schedule and having all the kids home with me.  We try to take several fun day trips and hang out with our friends and I love that so much!  I also love spending afternoons at the pool.  It is really my favorite time of the year!

9.  What's your favorite store? 
J Crew!  I have a big weakness in this store.  And Target!  Who doesn't love Target though. 

10. Who inspires you most?
My Mama and my aunt Suzy.  My mom is probably one of the strongest women in the world.  She has been through so much and is currently fighting breast cancer.  I wish so bad I could remove any burden from her but she has the faith like no other and is just an inspiration.  Not to mention she is my best friend and the best MAMA and Bebe!  

Suzy is my "2nd Mama" as I have always called her.  She is just amazing at all she does for other people.  And I can't even begin to tell you what all she does for our family.  I think she has my kids every day or every other day for some length of time.  I wouldn't be able to attend and do what I do if it wasn't for her.  She is also going to help anybody she can.  I don't know what I would do without her and that goes beyond my kids.  She is a friend to me and I love having her to do things with.  

I had so much fun playing along!! And hopefully haven't bored anyone too much!  Definitely leave a comment if you read along!
And what's a blog post without a picture right??  A  couple of weeks ago me and my close friends had an 80s 5K.  One of my New Year's resolutions was to have a 5k each month.  Well Feb/March busted it up!  Already right?!  Well we never found a good one that fit with our schedules but April we had back to back 5ks.  Friday night was the 80s Run for Allen's Methodist Relay for Life.  I was pretty excited to have a run to do finally and even more excited that I finished 2nd!  I wanted to tackle Rebekah and Nikki  at the end since they helped mapped out the most "hilly" course I have ever been on but I was too tired.  Lol. I do love them!  The next morning our church had a mud run benefitting an upcoming Alaska mission trip.  I didn't snap a single picture, (gasp), but it was a very fun run!  It was an obstacle course/mud run.  What was amazing about both races is that Cohen did them with me!  She ran the 1 mile fun run at the 80s run then turned right around and did the 5K!  She did have to walk but I was still impressed.  Then on Saturday she did the muck run with us and did every single obstacle on her own!  I'm proud of my girl and I think I'll have a running buddy one day soon!
2nd place finish!  


Ready to run...in her 80s gear at that

Our first attempt at getting a picture of Cohen & Brody together


The kids ready for the 1 mile Fun Run

Finishing strong!

Cohen & Brody both did the 5k after the fun run.  They hung in there pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your answers! Thanks for playing along. And, your 80's outfit was totally RAD! :-)

    ReplyDelete