Monday, October 28, 2013

Fun Run, Birthday Party, and Halloween Party!!

Saturday was full of exciting events for us.  It was a busy day but everything was fun so we loved it all!  We started our day EARLY, or at least I did.  We have been working to plan the Fall Fun Run & 5k as a PTO fundraiser for Lavonia Elementary and the 5k part was at 8:30 Saturday morning.  Imagine our excitement when Saturday turned out to be the coldest day of the year so far!  Dawn picked me up at 7:30 so we could get everything set up and it was freezing!!  I can't remember running in colder weather. BRRR....at least there wasn't much sweating!  After the 5k we had the 1 mile fun run obstacle course for the elementary kids.  Cohen had been so excited because each participant was getting a medal.  She asked me for hers first thing, but I told her she had to run first :)  I was so proud of her because she did the entire thing!  Their obstacle course was set up around the track, and everyone had to go around 3 times.  I thought Cohen might get pretty frustrated with it but she didn't and she finished with a smile!

Courtney got this "action" shot of Cohen :)


A group shot of everyone who participated

The Kindergarteners

My little runner

Matching medals

Courtney, Grace and I after the 5k

After the run we had a fun lunch at McDonald's with the Harbin's.  Keyes had won for the kindergarteners and he was ready to use his gift card for some ice cream :)  After lunch, we rushed home so I could take a shower and get ready for stop #2.  Cohen had a birthday party for her friend Elizabeth.  Elizabeth and Cohen take dance together.  They both started together last year, so this is their 2nd year together.  We had fun at her party...Cohen really loved the big jump castle!  Now that the sun was out it turned into a beautiful day!


That night we had a Halloween party with some of our friends and we all had so much fun there.  Cohen was super excited to finally get to wear her Halloween costume.  Because we had to go with a book character for school she decided she wanted to be Sacajawea the Indian princess.  This was from her Fancy Nancy Book Report book and the costume was super cute!  I think I briefly lost my mind when I agreed to a white costume.  We will see how this goes.  By Thursday on Halloween she will have worn the thing every day so it may be brown by then!   Kate wore one of Cohen's old Halloween costumes that I loved...a bee!  Natalie had everything decorated so cute and the food was so good!  The kids got to paint a pumpkin, go on 2 hayrides...1 that was scary and one was not.  Cohen went on both even though I thought she might back out of the scary one, but she didn't.  When they all got back from it they were wanting to go again so that was good!  There was a ghost pinata to bust and get the candy! Everything was so much fun!  I love Halloween and think it is so much fun and there are just so many ideas out there.  And of course being with some of my favorite people only makes it that much more fun!






 We did a group picture with all the kids and Kate was wanting no part of it.  It was quite funny because she was putting on a show and it was obvious.  Her cry was so fake and she kept making these dramatic faces.  She would also open her mouth as wide as she could and cry.  We may have an actress on our hands.

Everyone is looking at Kate in this one!


Hilarious!  I can only imagine what Autumn is thinking looking at Kate in this one

Painting pumpkins



The finished product

Kate was more than happy to smile later in the party


knocking some more candy out

Cohen & Ella Grace all ready for the hayride

Piling on Emma before the scary ride!

BFF's!  They stuck close to the food table.  I think Kate's face shows that well


Cohen & Keyes

Just relaxing in the swing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment