Monday, June 17, 2013

Wedding Fun & Shirts & Desserts!!

Saturday was a fun and exciting day for us!  Cohen had been counting down the days until Curtis and Sara's wedding because she was getting to be the flower girl.  Curtis is Kelly's best friend and we were excited for him and Sara too.  Cohen has been wanting to be a flower girl for so long and it was so sweet when Curtis and Sara asked her to be theirs.  She was so excited!  Sara had told Cohen she would be holding a sign and Cohen had been saying how she couldn't wait to see her sign.  Friday was the rehearsal dinner and she was all pumped up about "wedding practice".  She did really well and when Saturday came she kept asking to put on her dress.  We got up early and went to Annie's to get her hair fixed.  She loved her hair and was excited when I found a flower bow for her that matched perfectly.  We had to be ready at the campground for pictures at 1:00.  It ended up that everyone was running behind so I used that time to take my own pictures of Cohen which is why I have picture overload on here now :)  I couldn't stop taking them because I thought she looked so pretty.  She looked like a 16 year old!  The wedding was at 4:00 and it was beautiful!  It was the perfect day and such a beautiful spot.  Cohen did a great job carrying her sign and I know she enjoyed it so much!  At the reception she got to be announced with Kelly, who was an usher.  And her highlight of the reception was catching the bouquet!  When Sara tossed the bouquet it somehow landed on the floor and while everyone was looking to see who got it, Cohen swooped in and scooped it up!  She was so excited and asked me if it was hers to keep forever.  I thought it was so precious!  It was definitely a special day for her and we couldn't be happier for both Curtis and Sara!
One sweet story I have to share...at the Methodist Campground (where this wedding was) there is a big wooden cross right in front of the shelter where the wedding took place.  While Cohen and I were walking around doing our own pictures she saw it and looked at me and said, "Mama, is this where Jesus died?"  I thought that was the most precious thing.  I love how her mind works!
My beautiful little flower girl!








Cohen & Curtis











 
The photographer in me had to take one of the first look!



I loved this of Cohen and her sign & Sara happened to be in the background!





Cohen had to have a snack break...PB&J! 



I peeked during the prayer but I had to take this shot...she looked so sweet!

Mr. & Mrs. Curtis Chitwood!

 
Everyone could write a message for them on a fan...this was Cohen's.








Cohen found her name on their sign





Watching them dance at the reception


Kate got to come to the reception...she would have been too much to handle at the wedding!


After all the wedding fun we headed to a "shirts & desserts" get together with some friends.  It was so nice to sit back and relax on such a nice day.  All the kids played together, we had some fabulous desserts, and then all the kids made tie-dye t-shirts.  We did red and blue dye so they can now have these for the 4th of July.  I thought it was such a cute idea and I enjoyed being with all our good friends.  What beats good friends and desserts?!?
Kate following Elliott...she loves him!
Kate was all over the poor cat...she is a big animal lover!


Making shirts!
The GIRLS!! Love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment