Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cohen's New Bling


Monday was a big day for Cohen...she got her ears pierced!  I had told her that once she turned 5 she could get them pierced.   She backed out around her birthday because she was too afraid of how it would hurt.  Recently she's had a few friends get theirs pierced and she has some that have had theirs pierced so I think that helped her decide to do it.  When she told me she wanted to I knew I better go for it before she changed her mind so after we got up and got going on Monday we headed to Commerce to get them done.  I had hoped they could pierce them both at the same time but there was only one girl working when we got there so it would have to be done separately.  Cohen was so caught up in looking at all the cute earrings!  The ones she chose for herself were little multi-colored flowers.  She told me they would match so many things :)  She told me she was a little nervous and I had told her it was ok that it would be real quick.  She was so brave!!  She told her which ear to do first and I had her hold my hand.  She jumped just a little and when I asked her if she was ok she nodded yes.  I did ask her if it had hurt and I thought she might cry but she barely nodded yes and just sat still.  I told her it was almost over and she handled the second ear just as well as the first.  I was so proud of her for doing so well.  I think I was nervous for her.  She was so excited to show off her new earrings.  She had hoped Auntie P would be at work at Ann Taylor but she wasn't there yet so we had to go but she was excited to get to see people and show them off.  Now I know I'll get the question on when she can change them out every day!


Showing off her new earrings

1 comment: