Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

We had a very fun weekend and I did what I love doing-being a mom to my girls!  Friday was Muffins with Mom at preschool.  Cohen had been looking forward to this for the last week and a half.  We have been making our Mother's Day crafts at school and even though it wouldn't be a total "surprise" for me, she didn't care.  She has been asking every day if it was time to eat muffins together and telling me how she couldn't wait.  At school, I had each child paint a picture of their mom, tell me some special things about her so she would have some "hints" on which picture was her, and we also made flower pots.  I actually took my camera to school but had taken the memory card out so there you go...back up method..iPhone.  I do love having my phone for backup reasons but the pictures are not quite the same.  But I would rather have a blurry picture than nothing at all. This day meant so much to Cohen and to me and I wouldn't have traded anything for it.  Cohen also gave me a pretty purse card that she had made at Sug's house.  She does such a good job writing words.  She just needs help on the spelling.  This is the first year she has been able to write things for me so I just love her cards!  You will notice that I had a good bit of my hair cut off.  Cohen's reaction to this was that she wanted her hair cut, then she told me she liked me better with long hair like her, and now every day since Thursday when I had it cut she has told me how much she likes my hair.  I'm guessing she is getting used to it now.  And I can't bring myself to let her cut hers other than a trim because I just love it long.

Me with all my goodies from Cohen

On Saturday, we ran the 5k for our neighbor and friend Meg.  Meg is fighting colon cancer and we were so excited to be apart of this event.  The morning was perfect weather for running!  After the race we got a picture with our neighbors that were there.  I can't even begin to say how much we love our neighbors and couldn't ask for better people to live close to!   WE LOVE YOU MEG!

Sunday we got to dedicate Kate at church.  Mother's Day is always baby dedication at church and I feel extra blessed this year to have 2 precious girls to celebrate with.  Kate is quite the wiggle worm and in her normal fashion she was ready to get down and explore throughout the entire dedication.  She was fascinated by the instruments on the stage.  Since her Pop gets to do the dedicating she got to be held by him too!  She just loves her Pop!  You will see in the pictures that Kelly & I took turns trying to wrestly our little "alligator".
Add caption


The one picture with Kate looking still

 
I finally let her down to stand at the stage and stare at the instruments



My First Mother's Day with Kate
 We spent Sunday afternoon with Kelly's family and Sunday night with my Mama and family.  I have the best Mama ever and I am very lucky to have her!  I know this Mother's Day was tough for my Mama, not only because her mom isn't here anymore but yesterday was also my Daddy's birthday.  He would have been 62.  We miss him so much but also celebrate him and the time we had with him.   Love you Mama!!
Paula, Mama, and Me




1 comment:

  1. I love those cute little mother's day crafts and your new hair cut is super cute!

    ReplyDelete