Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Brock's Diaper Change Experience

I'm behind on blogging because we have been so busy!  This happens to be one story I want to remember.  This happened on Memorial Day (fitting).  We have built onto our deck and screened in a porch and have been working on getting everything painted which has definitely been a job!  Monday we were so blessed with our wonderful family helping us.  Outside painting it was me, Kelly, Larry, Lydia, my mama, and Suzy.   Inside, Cohen and Brock were playing and I had just put Kate in her swing so she would take a nap.  I'm not sure how long she slept, but I know it wasn't long.  Brock came out on the porch to tell me Kate had a dirty diaper.   We all joked to him that he needed to change it and now would be a great time to learn how.  We did laugh and Lydia even shouted she was kidding with him as he was going back into the house.  I was finishing my paint spot then going to change her.  A few minutes later before I could get inside, Brock comes back out with a frustrated look and says, "Ashleigh I can't get this diaper back on."  It took a minute for me to realize that he had attempted the "change".   I asked him what he did, and he said "I changed her diaper, I thought you guys were serious when you told me to, and now I can't get it back on."  Then I asked where she was and he said on the "pink thing" which is her changing pad.  I took off running because I was afraid she would fall off!  When I got to her room there she sat on her changing table and was clean!  She did start to pee right when I walked in which made a mess but Brock had changed her dirty diaper, threw it away and wiped her clean all by himself...he is 9 and is a boy!  This is something most guys have no desire to do much less a young one!  All he was having trouble with was the new diaper.  It really amazed me because not only did he change her, but he had to get her out of her swing, back to her room, and up on the changing table.  I wish so bad I could have been a fly on the wall...and you know I wish I had a picture or video to share, but this is all I got and its after the fun was over :)  I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment