Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hilton Head!

Over the weekend we took a short but much needed trip to Hilton Head!  We LOVE going there and always have fun no matter what time of year it is.  It was fun with Kate because she has only been to the beach as a very tiny baby.  Now she was ready to move on the sand and of course taste it!  Everything she finds goes straight to her mouth :)  Cohen loved the pool more and even though the water was very cold to me, she went right in and had a blast.  She woke both of us every morning asking if it was time to go to the pool and ocean.  It was cute to hear and see her excitement.
We spent time riding bikes each day too.  This is another thing we love doing down there.  This year Kelly pulled both girls in a bike trailer.  Kate loved it!  She would sit right up and try to take everything in.  After a while she might fall asleep but usually it was at a point when we would be close to stopping to do something so she had to wake right back up.  Both girls did very well though and we really enjoyed our rides.

Kate LOVES a ball and is happy just having that and nothing else





So proud of herself

Interested in what sissy is doing!

Loving a handful of sand

Tasting the sand
I don't think she liked it :)
 







Kate loving her ride





This is how to keep Kate in one spot on the beach

One cute thing I want to remember that Cohen said was about the "hairy trees".  When we were driving down she did not sleep much at all.  She was so ready to get there and asked us quite a few times if we were close.  As we got closer to being there she suddenly said, "I know we're almost there, I see the hairy trees and that means we are close!"  I remembered she had said that last year but I thought it was hilarious for her to notice the moss hanging and realize we were getting close!  While we were out riding our bikes, I let her get out so I could take her picture with the "hairy trees".

We some other fun "firsts" for the girls as well.  Cohen got to eat Japanese for the first time where she got to watch them cook in front of her.  Before she has only had the "express" version.  She really loved that and said the volcano was her favorite part.  She ate really good too and really enjoyed eating with her "sticks".
Kate was introduced to ice cream and absolutely LOVED it.  I'm not surprised though.  This little girl loves to eat anything we are eating.  I hope she stays that good of an eater!


Cohen found a new interest at the beach...taking pictures!!  This was hilarious and I wish I had a picture of Cohen taking our picture!  My camera is not small and it is pretty heavy but we were brave and let Cohen take a picture of me and Kelly.  She loved doing it and kept asking the rest of the trip to take pictures of us.  It was priceless!!  Here are some of her shots...I think I have a helper in my future!


She hasn't learned to zoom in and yet!!

just a little off center :)
And last, I had to post some cute pictures we took of Kate.  My BF LeAnne had bought the cutest tu-tu outfit for her little girl Baylor.  We did some pictures of sweet Baylor in it right after she turned 1 and I thought it was one of the cutest tutus!  Annie was sweet enough to let us borrow it so Kate could have some pictures in it too!  I want to get some when she can stand alone which is coming soon I know, but I took it to try to get some while we were at the beach too.  It gets harder and harder to hold Kate down for any picture and she almost knows what I'm doing and looks away sometimes!  With Kelly and Cohen's help we were able to get some cute ones though...thanks again Annie for letting us use the sweetest tutu!!




1 comment:

  1. Glad you all had a great time. I love the picture of the girls on the beach from behind. Also, the one on the beach of Kate spitting the sand is priceless. :-)

    ReplyDelete