Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!

We had a wonderful and busy Easter!  We got up early getting ready for church and the girls had to check out what the Easter Bunny had brought.   I had assured Cohen the night before that I had told the Easter Bunny to leave their baskets outside and we could bring them in.  She wanted no part of the Easter Bunny coming inside our house.  I think waking her up doesn't work for me any more because we get no reaction from her when she sees her basket.  I think I'll start getting her up and holding her in her room for a while.  She was more excited the next day about the goodies in the basket when she actually got to play with them.  The Easter Bunny was nice enough to leave Cohen a new pretty pink Bible purse book, a pink glove and baseball, hula hoop, a Kidz Bop cd and new puzzle.  Kate was thrilled to find a new teether toy, some Puffs to snack on and a floatie for the pool!






After going through the baskets and getting ready we headed off to church.  At church we got to have family fun time during the Sunday School hour which included the kids making cute flower pots  with prayer flowers in them.  It was nice to be able to do everything as a family.  After church was the egg hunt.  There were so many eggs to find and Cohen loaded down her basket!  We also took pictures at the cross which is always so beautiful!  Everyone brings flowers to decorate the cross and it is really a pretty sight to see.  I had spent a lot of time talking about the meaning of the cross and the colors of the cloth on the cross during the Easter season.  I think it is so important for Cohen to start understanding the real meaning behind Easter.
Making her flower pot

Aunt Sara, Kate and Addison

Mylie, Cohen, and Carley

CoCo and JoJo






After church we headed to Athens for lunch at Nana's.  It was such a nice day and I love being able to sit on Nana's porch when it is warm weather!  Cohen got to have an egg hunt at Nana's and she was the only one to find them there so she got to keep all the money inside.  Cohen usually gets help filling up her piggy bank with Easter egg hunts :)  I told her that next year she would have competition from Kate so she better enjoy this year with Kate being happy as can be having one egg to shake and play with.  I tried to take a lot of pictures everywhere we went.  I take pictures of the girls all the time but I feel like I need to do a better job of taking pictures of them with other family members and with us in them.  







Counting eggs with Sug

The best love there is!






Kate is trying to see what's going on

After we left Nana's we went to Suzy's house to celebrate with my family.  We had more delicious food and the desserts were the best!  Extra running this week :)  We had a great time like we always do.  I love holidays because I love getting together with family.  We ended the night with another egg hunt.  Cohen loaded up on more money for her piggy bank!  Once we got home we crashed!  It was a great way to spend a great day!
Egg Hunting with Bebe

Kate & Devin

The Great-Gran's!

Cohen & her 2 favorites...Jessica & Kate Kate

Add caption


1 comment: