Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kate 7 months

7 months old today!
I really feel like I was just typing Kate's 6 month post and here I am now typing her 7th!  What a great 7 months these have been enjoying our sweet Kate Daniels!  Her personality is really coming alive and I love it!  This is one of my favorite baby stages even though I'm always sad to see one end.  I just enjoy her so much and wish she wouldn't grow so fast.  I feel like she is now closer to the 1 year mark since we are now past the halfway (6 month) mark.  On the happy side, she is so fun right now.  She smiles constantly and is starting to sit up by herself.  She just talks and coos to us and recently she has started playing with her lips and making cute noises.  Each little discovery is so cute!

Right now a few things that make Kate excited are:

  1. Mama!--I don't want to brag but my baby girl does love her mama and I have to eat that up!   One of my favorite things is to go in her room each morning and see her get excited to see me.  She just shakes her arms and legs in excitement and makes noises.  She will also reach for me when other people are holding her.  I know this is bad for them but I still love it!  She will grab my face and give me big ole wet kisses!  Its a good feeling to know how loved you are and she will watch for me.  Cohen was the exact same way and I know this stage eventually passes but I hope she will always be a mama's girl! 
  2. Dooley--Kate absolutely loves Dooley.  She is fascinated by him.  She will get so excited and just talk to Dooley.  He in turn loves to give her wet kisses all over so I have to keep a good watch on this so she isn't getting doggy baths all the time.  She on the other hand wouldn't mind it a bit.  She will open her mouth and take it all!  I know when Dooley is in the room by Kate's squeals.
  3. The fireplace--Kate is amazed by the fire.  I think the movement and bright color attracts her attention and she loves to stare at it.  Kelly loves to build a fire and Kate loves to watch it 
What she is doing now:
  • Kate is a little over 16 pounds.  She is still wearing 3-6 months, or just 6 months clothes but she has moved into a few 6-9 months especially things that were Cohen's and may have shrunk a little.
  • Loves her hands, feet, toes, and now lips.  
  • Loves to watch Cohen too, its hard to feed her because she is constantly turning her head to find Cohen. 
  • Does really well eating cereal, fruits, and vegetables.  We are going to start eating food twice a day, we have been doing just once.  She is very interested in table food and loves to try to get her hands on anything we eat.  She really loved her first taste of Christmas cookie and a Wendy's Frosty!!  Bad habits starting young:)
  • Kate is learning to Pat-a-cake and will clap her hands together sometimes.  She also is learning to wave her hand!  I will tell her "hey" or "bye-bye".
  • Sleeps pretty well.  She has recently gotten in a habit of waking up in the night and I have gotten in a very bad habit of bringing her in our bed to feed her just to go back to sleep.  Not good and we are quickly working to cut this out.  I'm guilty of just loving to be snuggled up with her.  She still doesn't have a lovie or paci so we are on our own at bedtime and she will put up a fight most nights.  
  • She is a very good sport though!  Throughout Christmas and New Year's Eve when she was very tired she hung in there while we were out and behaved like the sweet angel she is.  


Love some Dooley!


Watching the fire in the fireplace



Sitting up all by myself!

Mommy's darling girl




No comments:

Post a Comment