Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!

I can't believe another year has come and gone!  2011 was a really great year for us and I hope 2012 is just as good or better.  Having a baby is a big event and I can't imagine our lives now without Kate.  We were blessed in so many ways.
Its always a little sad to me though to see another year over.  I'm reminded how quickly time is passing.  Cohen will be turning 4 next month and Kate is almost 7 months.  I wish things would slow down a bit.  This is why one of my New Year's resolutions is to slow down and enjoy life more, to have "more fun!"  I'm a tad bit on the OCD side and I tend to get caught up in things being just right or thinking I need to be doing one thing when really I need to sit down and enjoy my kids and even myself!  We'll see how this goes.  I have finally managed to get all the Christmas decorations put away, which is also sad to do :(  I love Christmas and the coziness that comes with it.  I also enjoy seeing so many family members so we are just going to have to make sure we do some "fun" things to make January a little more exciting.  It tends to have a bad reputation in my mind of being cold and depressing.  Maybe I can change that this year.  I'm going to plan some fun "date nights" for me and Kelly and also some fun things for me and the girls.  I have good intentions anyway!!  Planning Cohen's birthday is on the agenda too.  It will be here soon.  I would love to have a snow like we did last year.
I also want to become more organized in all parts of my life.  That's the OCD in me as well but I think it will help me to relax and be more at ease.  Now its time to start living all this out and see how it goes!  Happy New Year to everyone who reads this, and I hope you and your family are blessed in this new year!!
Here is the one picture I took on New Year's Eve before we went to our party.  Cohen and Kelly making 2012 with their fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment