Friday, November 18, 2011

Kate Daniels-5 months


This post is a little over due but what else is new :)  It just hit me a couple of days ago that I never posted anything when she turned 5 months, so I took some pictures of Kate doing some of the things she loves right now.  I think Halloween kept me busy and I let it slip by.  Kate is doing great.  She has problems with allergies sometimes or at least that's what I think it is.  She doesn't let it slow her down much.  Her nickname should be "Smiley" because that's what she loves to do.  And I love seeing that smile so much.  She wakes up smiling and I love to look in her crib first thing in the morning and see her big grin.  I also love watching her face light up when she sees me.  That's the best feeling in the world.
Our one bump in the road has been with formula.  I have had to supplement some and in trying that the Dr. thinks she has a protein allergy to cow's milk.  We are on our 3rd type of formula which is Alimentum.  So far its going well.  I don't have to give her formula very much so it takes a while to figure this out sometimes.  Luckily too, I'm not away from her very much.  She doesn't like cereal very much at all!  I am trying to keep pushing it a little more each day because I know its all about her getting used to the spoon, the new texture of the cereal and the taste.  You forget these little things from baby to baby.  I just remember Cohen loving baby food and having a hard time getting her to ever eat table food.  Here are a few more things about Kate right now :

  • She has found her feet and LOVES playing with them every time I lay her down
  • Still loves playing with her hands, and loves putting anything in her mouth
  • She coos and squeals which is so precious
  • Recently started playing in her walker and seems to like it pretty well
  • Just slept in her big baby bed for the first time.  This is because I have not wanted her out of my room and I'm still having a hard time with it.  
  • Is definitely a morning baby.  She is happy all day most days but morning is her happiest time.
  • Has starting fighting sleep more but gives up pretty easy when I hold and rock her.  She even takes her paci sometimes.
  • I think she is definitely teething but nothing has cut through yet.
  • Wears a size 3-6 mos. or just 6 mos. in certain brands
She loves her big sister.  (this was 2 days after she was officially 5 months)

Kate's new ride-her walker

Her feet don't quite reach the floor


Bathing beauty

Getting those feet

No comments:

Post a Comment