Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today we had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we spent the day with all of our wonderful families!  We ate WAY too much but loved every minute of it.  I have to say that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days.  The food is by far the best, and the desserts are wonderful too.  I have to say that our cousin Emily makes the best desserts and this year was no different!  I think I need the recipe:)
We started our fun day by eating lunch with my family at my Nanny's house here in Lavonia.  Since this is Kate's first Thanksgiving we had to do a few photos.  We always take pictures at my Nanny's and though I didn't take near as many this year, I have to get a few in.  We enjoyed our time there so much.  After leaving there and taking a quick stop at home for a short nap, we packed up and headed to Athens to Nana's house.  More yummy food there and the best desserts!  We were also given some great news!!  Emily and Brandon are expecting and we are super excited for them and to welcome a new cousin to the family.  I love baby news!
You can't beat a day spent with family and being reminded how blessed you are.  That is exactly how I felt today.  I am SO thankful for my wonderful husband, 2 beautiful, healthy daughters, family and friends!  GOD IS GOOD!
My little turkey!

First Thanksgiving

My 2 blessings for which I'm so very thankful!

Kate & Nanny

Cohen & Daddy (I have no clue why those lines are in this picture)

Cohen & Taylor



I can't believe I didn't take the first picture at Nana's.  I guess I was too busy eating!

On another note, my little Kate has turned into a roly poly just over the last 2 days.  She is rolling all over the place.  I knew it would happen soon but I can't say that I'm excited.  It was so nice to be able to lay her down and know she wouldn't go anywhere or not far anyways.  She could scoot around great on her back but now she just rolls over and over.  Sometimes she gets stuck on her belly which really makes her frustrated.  Another reason I'm not fond of rolling :)  I have to stay right on her to roll her back over or just keep an extra close eye on her.  I was working at my desk on pictures with her right beside me on her mat and the next thing I knew, I look down and she is behind me (off her mat) in the middle of the room.  Brock then informs me he saw her roll there and its been over since.  She is just like Cohen, when she learns something she catches on quick and there is no turning back.  Another reminder my sweet baby is growing too fast!  She is so proud of herself though, as you can see from the pictures below :)  LOVE!





1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving! Your girls are precious in those sweet turkey shirts and you look as beautiful as ever. Glad to hear that Kate is rolling around now. I keep waiting for Hudson to roll, but still hasn't happened yet!

    ReplyDelete