Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Race the Rainbow 10K

Saturday was a busy day for us, but so much fun.  I started the day running with my friends.  We were doing the Race the Rainbow 10K in Anderson.  I had not done a 10k since the Disney run 3 years ago.  Now we have had a couple of 15k's which are longer but running is such a mental thing and each run over 3 miles takes some mental preparation!  We keep playing with running a half marathon so when we had a choice of the 5k or 10k I decided to go on for the 10.  Its always much more fun running with friends and we always have a fun time, especially since we always plan a fun breakfast or lunch after!  The rain held off too which was a big plus!  Running 6 miles is enough so I didn't want to throw any rain in there to make it worse.  I did have a goal of finishing under an hour and so excited that I did do that!  My first one was just over an hour so I wanted to beat that time.  It was a tough course.  Mile 3 was a constant uphill climb which is never enjoyable.  Usually hills are short or don't last that long but nope, not this time.  It was constant uphill from one to the next.  It definitely was a challenge.  But we all did great and placed in our age divisions, which is always a plus.  I was excited about the time finish and then getting 2nd place was just another perk.  The best part was still hanging with these awesome girls!
ready to run


Smiling more when we have finished!

2nd & 3rd place finishers! woo hoo!

After lunch we had some birthday fun for Cohen's best friends, Josi.  She was having her birthday party at the theatre to watch Beauty and the Beast.  I know I was as excited as all the other little girls to see this one!  Kate and I were getting to tag along on the fun!  It was more fun because we rode with LeAnne, Baylor and Skyler.   We always have a fun time when we are together!  And we finished our day with a little shopping and of course a frozen coffee at Chic-fil-a!

Sweet friends!

Just like old times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment