Monday, March 10, 2014

Disney Day 7: The Final Day & Enchanted 10K

I'm finally finishing my Disney blogs!  Wow it has taken a while but here it is...the last day of such a fun Disney vacation.  It was finally the big day...the Enchanted 10K!  This was my first official 10k so I was ready to get that under my belt.  It was a VERY EARLY start for us on Saturday...around 2:30 am!  We had been told over and over to get there early because of traffic problems so we had to be up and ready early.  We ended up arriving with plenty of time but you never know.  We were all running as princesses and thanks to Caron, our fabulous costume designer, everyone was super cute!  Here was our princess line up:
Me-Cinderella
Jennifer-Pocahontas
Erin-Mulan
Dawn-Jasmine
Stacey-Ariel
Natalie-Merida
Caron-Aurora, Sleeping Beauty
and we met up with Elizabeth at the race who was Belle!

The race officially started at 5:30 and we were in the 2nd corral so we started at about 5:39.  It went very well even though I was so glad to see that finish line in sight!  When I finished I looked down to finish 6.35 miles in 1:04.  I would have loved to have been right at 1 hour but when you go over 6.2 (the official distance for a 10K) and start with a thousand people around you to weave through I had to be happy with it :).  I was happy to run it all and finish! haha!  Here are my personal results for my own memory:
Age Division 30-34: 140 out of 1275
Gender:  808 out of 7929
Overall:  1036 out of 8969

Group Before shot


Finished!!

Group After Shot




It felt even better when the whole race was over and we could relax and enjoy the rest of the day.  What do you do after running 6+ miles???  You go eat a good breakfast at Chic-Fil-A!  Nothing like chicken minis.  After breakfast we headed to Magic Kingdom to get some ride time in before it got too crowded.  And I mean how many times can you say you were dressed as a princess in the park when you were over the age of 30??! (with the exception of Elizabeth, of course!)   We got 2 rides in a row on Space Mountain and had some fun with the camera on that ride...  Can I say again that we had the best time together and had so many good laughs, it was definitely good for the soul!  I love these ladies!  We headed for more riding fun around the park until we started to get delirious over lack of sleep :)  We grabbed a Dole Whip before heading back to the room for a nap!  We had to get some sleep time before we came back that night!

Roller Coaster Group shot!

Nothing beats a Dole Whip!
After naps and showers we felt much better!  We also had missed a rain shower so that was great timing.  We had dinner and headed back to finish out a fun day at Magic Kingdom.  We rode so many more rides and really had a blast.  I think we were there until midnight or so and once again were about to crash.  We thought Stacey might shop till we all dropped but we got her out :)  It was back to the room for a good night's sleep.  We had a long drive back the next day but time sure goes by quicker with friends to talk and laugh with.  It was such a fun trip!  A great family trip ended with an awesome girl's weekend.  I feel blessed beyond words!
Fabulous group of ladies!!



No comments:

Post a Comment