Wednesday, November 20, 2013

BINGO

My Nanny and Suzy go every Tuesday to the nursing home to play bingo with the patients there.  They have been doing this for years!  After we moved back to Lavonia, I started to go with them and take Cohen.  She was only 6 months old when I started taking her and those patients loved seeing her.    She became a regular there until we stopped going when I started to take her to story time at the library each week.   We still meet Nanny and Suzy for our Tuesday lunch dates and every now and then Kate has been to the nursing home.  Yesterday was one of those days.  My Nanny has been in bad health so Suzy has to take over a lot of Tuesdays and we were going to help her yesterday.  My Nanny ended up going too.  When we got there Kate was waving to everyone and they all get so excited to see her.  She must have remembered how the game worked because she hopped down and ran to sit in my Nanny's lap to help call the numbers.   She loved the balls with the numbers on them. Every so often she would yell out the number that Nanny called out and everyone got a big kick out of that.  It was precious to watch and I'm glad that both my girls will be able to say they did this with my Nanny.  I know it will be a sweet memory to look back on.

This man was loving playing with Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment