Monday, December 12, 2011

My Big Surprise for Hubby's 30th Birthday


This  was Kelly's face on Thursday when I surprised him with the news that we would be spending his 30th birthday weekend in Las Vegas.  He had no clue and that was my goal!  Yay!  If you know me you know there is nothing I like better than a good 'ole surprise, and the bigger the better.  I started planning what I could do for Kelly's birthday months ago and I decided that turning 30 was a big deal so what better way to celebrate than to go to Vegas.  It has been a roller coaster surprise and kinks were thrown into the plan for me but it all worked out the best it could and we had a BALL!  
On Thursday, Kelly thought we would be going to Atlanta to meet our friends Jarrett & Hazel at Fogo de Chao for a nice birthday dinner.  I had told him we had reservations at 5:00 (our plane was leaving at 7:40).  We stopped in Buford to do some shopping on our way.  We went to Toys'R'Us and shopped and when we got back to our car I told Kelly I had a little gift for him that he might need on our trip.  I had told him we were spending the night away from home for 2 nights but he thought we would be staying in Atlanta then on to somewhere else.  His guess was Nashville :)  He first pulled out a deck of cards, then a pair of dice, so he started thinking maybe we were going to Mississippi or Biloxi.  He then pulled out the paper I had printed out of his boarding pass and he saw that we were headed to Vegas!!  He was so surprised and excited too.  I have to thank Jarrett & Hazel for helping me pull this one off.  The hardest part by far though was leaving my girls even if it was just a few days.  I had not left Kate for that long so that was tough.  Cohen was excited to be having spend the night parties at Suzy's house then at Sug's house.  I knew they were in good hands so that helped a lot!
We arrived in Vegas later on Thursday night.  We were staying at the Aria hotel which was very nice and we loved it.  We spent the next 2 days taking in all the sights of Vegas (and we all know there are plenty!), shopping, seeing shows, and just enjoying some time to ourselves.  Kelly had never been to Vegas so he got to see all the craziness that is Vegas.  This was my 4th time but it never lacks for things to see and do.  We saw 2 shows, Zumanity at the New York, New York and The Blue Man Group at the Venetian.  Both were very entertaining.  Sunday we headed back home.  This was Kelly's actual birthday so we had a party with his family later that night.  Cohen sang in a Christmas musical at church Sunday night and while we tried as hard as we could to make it back, we got to the church right when the children finished the last song.  I had already stressed so much about missing the play but I'm so glad we can get a DVD of the performance and watch it.  I was so glad to see my girls!!  We had such a fun time but it is always nice to come home.  Happy Birthday to the best hubby!  I hope it was one to always remember:)
I didn't lug the camera around much at all so I have a few pictures, some with my phone
Item #1 to open-playing cards

Shopping at Caesar's



Watching the water show at the Bellagio

The big 3-0

A view out our hotel window 


The New York New York hotel where we saw Zumanity

The Venetian, where we saw the Blue Man Group


On a side note, as Cohen was thinking of what she could "pack" she loaded her Hello Kitty bag down with crayons.  Suzy told her she had crayons at her house but Cohen insisted she wanted to use "her" crayons.  This is a picture of her bag ready to go...

1 comment:

  1. That is a huge surprise! Looks like y'all had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete