Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kate-6 months


I can't believe I'm actually typing this post!  Where has the time gone?!  Its hard to think that half a year has gone by and my sweet baby girl is already 6 months old.  We went today for Kate's check-up and Dr. Setia said she was "perfect".  Of course I knew that :)
This is one of my favorite stages.  She is absolutely precious right now and she still remains just the best baby to us.  I'm looking forward to starting her on some baby foods and seeing how she likes those.  She has just started to really eat cereal good.  At her appointment today her measurements were:
Weight-15lbs 12oz (50-75 percentile)
Height-26 1/4 inches (50-75 percentile)

At 6 months Kate:

  • Rolls  everywhere!
  • Can sit with support
  • Reaches for everything that is put in front of her and puts it straight to her mouth
  • Wears size 3-6 months or just 6 months; size 2 diapers
  • Has started cooing more and more
  • Is definitely teething but nothing has broke through
  • Has a smile for almost everyone!  
  • LOVES HER MAMA and this makes me the happiest :)  I love to see her look for her mama and recognize me.  She even will "reach" for me if I clap my hands for her to come to me.  She also loves to give me the biggest, wet kisses.  I could just eat her up!
  • Has the cutest little chunky thighs
  • Has sat with Santa twice and doesn't mind him a bit.  She just lounged right back on him and took it all in.  She is definitely a laid back baby.
A cute story...I was in the kitchen washing up Kate's bottles and I had her on the counter in her Bumbo seat.  The seat has a tray on it so she can play with a few toys while sitting in it.  She was so quiet which didn't surprise me since she had toys to chew on but when I finished and turned around I found her looking right at me with a big poinsettia limb in her mouth.  Lesson learned...don't sit her near anything she can get her hands on.  Picture moment for sure.  I LOVE HER!
Holding her piece of poinsettia...notice she still has drool on her mouth 
I love that smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment