Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happy Valentine's 2015

We had a fun Valentine's weekend.  I've always thought Valentine's was a fun holiday.  We tried to think of ways to make it a special holiday for just Kelly and me and also for all the kids too. Since it fell on the weekend this year that helped a lot.  We decided to celebrate Friday with the kids and then go out by ourselves on Saturday.
Friday started out with a Valentine's party for Kate at preschool.  She was so excited to get to hand out her Valentine's because they each had bubbles in them.  She kept telling her friends, "I have bubbles".  I don't know how many times I had to tell her to sit down and eat her snack because she was trying to jump the gun on handing them all out.  Once they got started though she was all into the candy being dropped into her Valentine's bag.  If I had been smart I would have also included a little dog bone Valentine from Kate to her friends!  haha!  I was excited about her Valentine's though.  I thought they turned out really cute and like I said she was super excited about them.  It was really cute watching them all at the party.  They loved their snack and really loved their Valentine goodies.


Kate's Valentine's for her friends

As always she was all excited over Bryce...aka "Bry-cee" to her


That afternoon we got her Valentine in the mailbox that she had mailed on the post office field trip.  She came running to me with half the mail still in the box screaming, "my mailman came, my mailman came!"  She was so excited!  She kept saying "open it, mama" "open your gift card".  That excitement was the best!
Cohen had a fun Valentine's party at school too.  Unfortunately parents aren't invited to come so I had to take her word on it.  She had cute Valentine's for her friends too.  She loves writing all her friends' names on hers and its fun to sit down with her and make them with her too.

As for Bryce, we had a special little Valentine's photo shoot earlier in the week so we could send out a picture to all his Valentine's :)  He is such a smiley little thing which makes it hard to stop taking his picture, so I'm sorry for Bryce picture overload.  I can't help it!  He just opens that mouth so wide and smiles so big...needless to say I'm in love with my tiny Valentine!








On Friday night we decided to take the girls on a special Valentine date.  We let the girls get on their dresses, and high heels for Cohen, and we took them to eat Japanese.  Cohen really loves eating Japanese when they cook in front of you and Kate loves rice so it was a win/win for everyone.  We decided to eat in Anderson so we could pick up some other things while we were there too.  The girls seemed to love it, even when Kate got worried that she was going to be on fire.  She quickly saw that she was going to be fine and enjoyed watching the cook's tricks.  She did keep asking for her "wice" though:)  For once though she cleaned her plate and some of mine.  The girl loves her rice.  When we left we had to make a stop at Target and pick up some special Valentines for them.  We hid them though to save until Saturday on Valentine's.  It was some skates for Kate and a small basketball for Cohen.  Kelly always likes to surprise his girls with Valentine treats which I think is so sweet.  He also picked Cohen out a special Valentine "singing" card.  This girl loves singing cards and we have kept all the ones she has picked out for Kelly over the years.  They still get a kick out of them! It was a great way to spend the evening with our special little Valentines!



On Saturday, Kelly and I had a date night to ourselves.  Kelly decided he wanted us to go to Athens to the Melting Point for a little concert.  We ate downtown at Amici's beforehand.  I love eating downtown and it doesn't matter where, I just love downtown Athens!  We walked back to the Melting Point after eating and enjoyed watching Francine Reed perform.  IT was very entertaining!  We had to leave before the entire show was over to get back home to the kiddos.  Sug and Pop were sweet to pick them up at church and watch them for us until we got home.  We made one last stop before heading home to Insomnia Cookies downtown.  OMG...these were fabulous and it would not do for me to be a student going out downtown because I would be eating these cookies all the time!  They are open until 3 am so I'm sure Hubs and I will be eating more of these the next time we're out!  Happy Valentines!
my Valentine





No comments:

Post a Comment