Sunday, July 24, 2011

Beach Bums in St. Simons

Today we got back from a much needed and very fun vacation in St. Simons.  We planned this trip last minute since I had Kate this summer and we weren't sure how things would be going.  Soon after I had her though I was ready for a beach trip.  Anyone who knows me well knows I LOVE the beach and living there is on my "bucket" list!   We decided we would go somewhere we had never been so St. Simons it was and our friends Jarrett and Hazel were on board with us!  We went down on Thursday and came home today (Sunday).  It was too short of course but we had lots of fun while we were there.  I admit I was very nervous taking my 6 week old out on the beach with it being so hot but we got a Pea Pod tent and Kate did great!  Once again she is the BEST baby ever.  She did great on the drives there and back, during the day at the pool and beach and going out too!  I will say it is A LOT more work having 2 kids though, especially one being an infant and so small too!  We were packed down in our car with no spare inch and we had to rotate going back and forth to the room.  We would usually all head out in the morning and when Kate got hungry she and I would go up and stay until after lunch.  Kelly would take the afternoon shift with her for a little bit then bring her back to the beach so we would all be together again.  We would finish with a little pool time.   Kate got in the pool for the first time in her short little life and didn't cry, though she almost did as you can see in one of her pictures.
Cohen had a blast too!  She went straight into the ocean and even put her floatie on to swim in it.  She loved the pool too!  She is just a little fish!  She loves Jarrett & Hazel and they are so good with both of our girls.  We only hope that our kids don't scare them away from having their own one day!  Cohen said so many funny things on this trip.  I had to find paper to write them all down.  Watching her is the best.  She is at the perfect age to enjoy everything and be amazed by things too.  I cherish these times with her sooo much!  I wish I could freeze her.  Now that I have 2 kids I think time just sped up a little more and I wish I could slow it down.  I am blessed beyond belief and I love these girls so much.  I never knew I could love someone so much!
Last, we ran into so many people we knew down at the beach which was a nice surprise.  It is a small world!  But it is so nice running into old friends and catching up a little.  All in all it was a fabulous weekend with our good friends and for our new family of 4!  Our first beach trip as a family was a success and we definitely want to make this trip a tradition!
Me and my girls!  Getting blown away by the wind :)

My little beach bunny!

Big sis had to keep a check on Kate

The little fish!

Kate's first dip in a swimming pool!

Family time in the pool

The lip is the sweetest!

Mommy loves her so much!

Add caption


Cohen smiled in this one!

Me and Hubby!

We visited the lighthouse before heading home


Triple stack

you know we HAVE to have a silly one!

"Hang loose"

Group picture!!

Group picture #2

One with Mommy!  Notice that Daddy put my outfit on backwards.  Love him!

All I do is love on her! 
My precious baby was out on the way home.  I love pictures of her sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment