Sunday, July 10, 2011

Play-Doh cakes

I am in the process of learning how to balance my time between 2 kids which has really been hard for me.  I feel like I am cheating Cohen of the time that used to be ALL hers and I want to give Kate my time even though she doesn't realize what is going on.  I love to just hold her and take in all of her little expressions.  At the same time though I don't want Cohen to feel like her mom doesn't have time for her.  Its a process but hopefully we will get used to it very soon :)
This week, I thought it would be fun for Cohen and I to play with her Play-Doh cake set.  Its something I don't let her do by herself because 1) she cannot always figure everything out and she is very easily frustrated and 2.) the mess would be beyond words with her and Play-Doh.  We had a fun time together though.  I love Play-Doh and so does she.  We were both enjoying making our own cupcakes and even made a "wedding" cake.  I think she could have done this all afternoon which reminded me again that she loves the little things we do together and its the small things that are most fun to her.  I love watching her take everything in.   And of course taking pictures of it is a must :)

Adding some icing

Decorating her cupcake with LOTS of sprinkles

Pretty cupcakes

Being silly :)

We can't take pictures without having a "Funny Face" picture

1 comment:

  1. Handley got that playdough cake set for her birthday and loves it. I remember feeling the same way you are about splitting my time between both girls. I always felt guilty about not spending as much time with Handley, but as my mom kept reminding me she was happy and doing fine. It just keeps getting easier (especially the older the babies get). It sounds like you are doing a great job though...just taking time out to spend some one-on-one with her will go a long way!

    ReplyDelete