Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Spring Sports! Baton, Softball, & T-Ball Fun

From March to May I think we stay on the go every night of the week and on the weekend!  Cohen is in the middle of competition baton season, Kate plays softball and this year Bryce was old enough to play T-ball for the first time.  It is busy busy but we love it and had so much fun watching each one of the kids do their thing.

Starting with Cohen:  we had our first competition the first weekend in March and went through May with regular competitions.  She still has one coming up in the summer too.  This was her 6th year competing and we were with a new studio and new team.  It was her first year competing team events but she has loved it and her teams have showed up and showed out.  They have brought home regional and state titles and I have seen her work so hard and improve so much throughout the season.  She amazes me with each and every performance and I couldn't be more proud of her.  Hard work pays off and she has done that this year, all while being at a new place and meeting new friends.  She also moved up in her age division this year.  A year of change but through it all she hasn't skipped a beat!   I feel like we just started twirling and here she is 7 years in!  



These girls have been together since day 1! Can't believe how much they have grown!



Its always fun celebrating after a competition

REGIONAL CHAMPS




Miss Majorette of Georgia 4th Place!






South Carolina State Champions!







Those long days twirling wear her out!

While Cohen is busy twirling, Kate goes from sport to sport depending on the season and this year for spring it was softball.  She moved up in her division this year too and learned a lot.  I'm not sure softball is going to be her passion because she still loves soccer but I'm so glad she did it again this year.  She had so much fun with her teammates.  Halfway into the season she had a little setback by breaking her foot and I hate that so much but she was able to make it back out there before the season ended and I'm so glad she did get that little bit of playing time back.  I love watching her!  I was never a good athlete so watching her is just so much fun!  





 




And these 2 brothers and best buds had the most fun together at the ball field!  They ran, played, and drank as much pickle juice as possible!


 Now to Bryce!  It was his very first time playing T-Ball and I dare to say we have found a love of his!  His team was the Cubs and he absolutely LOVED it and can't wait to play again.  He was so excited when the season started and it only got better as it went along.   He had the BEST coaches and loved meeting new friends.  He also did awesome on the field.  I was worried that it might get boring for him and for us watching but boy was I wrong.  I couldn't have loved watching it more and I was sad too to see it end.  I'm looking forward to many more years watching my boy!  We are thinking about doing t-ball again in the fall because he seemed to love it so much more than he did soccer.  Even though he enjoyed soccer and he was one of the youngest on the team.  Its hard not to put him back on the baseball field after he loved it so much.  At his first game we all got a kick out of him wanting to slide into every single base.  He made me laugh so hard and couldn't have been cuter doing it.  I"m so glad I had my camera.  Theres just something about watching that little boy!
His first T-Ball practice!
Game #1 Family Photo!










Listening to Coach Jeff


Here comes the slide!

Add caption

and the roll...



Listening to Daddy






 







All seasons end with a fun party!


We loved our coaches!!

We have ended our spring sports, except Cohen goes year round with hers.  But I know once fall hits we will be back on a field with the other 2! (Stroller in tow this time)




No comments:

Post a Comment