Monday, June 3, 2019

Field Trip Fun

I have a lot of catching up to do from the end of the school year.  It seems like the month of May has become the busiest month of the year.  After testing the kids get to pack as much fun in as possible before the last day of school.  So I'm trying to get caught up on it all without making one way too long post.  Starting with some field trip fun for both Kate and Cohen.  Kate had a field trip to see the movie Dumbo then to a playground in Athens.  I didn't have a lot of pics from this trip but I did get a couple of the kids climbing on the playground.  Kelly and I both went with Kate on this field trip which doesn't happen often so she really got a treat!


Cohen had a couple of field trips that fell back to back.  Bryce and I went on her gifted field trip which was to Fernbank in Atlanta.  I'm pretty sure Bryce enjoyed this trip as much or more than the kids on the trip!   He doesn't usually get to go on the field trips for the girls because I like to make it special for them but on this one I made an exception and it worked out great.  He really loved it and Cohen didn't mind having her little brother there.   The kids were all so sweet to him too.









 When I picked Kate up from school that afternoon she was so excited to tell me that she had got 3rd place in a coloring contest.  She had a check for $10 for winning which thrilled her!

The next day Cohen had another field trip to Stone Mountain.  The whole 5th grade was on this trip and I think they really had a blast.  We rode to the top of the mountain and then hiked down, the kids did the rope course and climbed the rock wall.  I know they enjoyed being with their friends and doing some fun things there.  When we left several of us made a stop at Barbaritos for a late lunch too.  I really was sad leaving though because I realized this was the last field trip with my girl.  I can't believe the school year is ending and elementary school is almost over!


















Both girls got to go on one more trip to SkyZone with the school but parents did not go on this one.  I did get a picture of Kate and Bentley.  I know they both had a blast on this one too.  They look forward to this trip all year!  It was before Kate got her boot off of her foot but because it felt ok and she had worked so hard to go I couldn't say no.  So much field trip fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment