Monday, August 11, 2014

One Last Summer Getaway!

Our summer is quickly winding down with school starting on Wednesday.  We actually got to spend our last full week of summer at the beach in Amelia Island. I can't think of a better way to end our summer before getting back into a routine.  Amelia Island is also one of our favorite places to go so it was a very fun and relaxing trip.  It also was fun because we had our family to spend it with.  We stayed with my Mama, sister, Devin & Brock.  Suzy, Denny, and Jessica were there as well so we had a lot of fun together throughout the week.  The girls loved trips to the beach and pool each day and with me being 7 months pregnant, I loved some relaxation time as well.  It was so bittersweet to think this was our last trip as a family of 4.  Big changes make me very emotional, happy and sad, and I wanted to really soak up this time with the girls.  I know babies are good changes but it is still emotional.  Just call me crazy!  Cohen enjoyed learning to dive and do front rolls into the water while Kate loved to float on her back.  She was so funny to watch.  She would just lay back and close her eyes and float away!  Kate also is fearless and would be in the water so fast without a floatie if you weren't careful!  We actually had a gentleman tell us that he and his wife had enjoyed watching our fearless child!  Kate also became a big fan of boogie boarding on this trip.  When Kelly had her out in the water one day just floating on the boogie board, I got up to take a picture and he decided to give her a little push for the camera.  Well that push was a great one because she ended up riding this wave all the way in to the shore and loved it!  I wish I had caught that particular ride on video!  I did snap away with my phone though.  She is just hilarious and I would absolutely freeze her if I could.  Cohen met a friend on the beach one day and she too boogie boarded with her.  She also got up the nerve to try surfing!  It ended with water getting up her nose but I was totally shocked that she even wanted to try.  She usually can take the ocean in small increments but that day she was all about it.  She also loved for Kelly to dig her out a "pool" in the sand so she and Kate could sit in it and let the ocean water run in.  It was truly amazing how they could sit for hours in that little "pool".  We would spend our evenings going out to eat, doing some night swimming, and for us grown ups-playing cards.  We also found this little ice cream place that served pineapple Dole Whips!!  My favorite!  Dole Whips became my favorite last year when we went to Disney World.  They are wonderful and I made sure we made several trips to get those!  On our last night there we ate downtown and walked down to the harbor.   While we were down there a dolphin swam in close and the girls got to see it come up very close to us.  They really enjoyed that for sure!  At our condo we usually got to see turtles each day and a bunny rabbit or lizards, so seeing the dolphin just capped off the week for these animal lovers!  I hope all these memories will stay so clear and fresh for us.  I know next year we will be making new memories as a family of 5!  What a change that will be.  I'm just so thankful for the opportunity to spend this week at the beach with all the people I love!   We definitely had a blast! Here are some pictures from our week...
Scuba Cohen!


Got to love the little grocery carts at the grocery store!

We had one rainy morning...We were trying to wait it out under the tent for a while before we gave up.





Waiting on the water to fill the "pool"



Cohen got to hold the turtle!


You know Kate would find a mannequin on our shopping trip




Kelly decided to try some fishing from the beach.  One night this is the fish he caught...or actually I could claim it since I reeled it in :)  Kate, as you can guess, was very fascinated by it!



a selfie with Suzy...

The most fabulous Dole Whips!

Petting the turtle



Kate Boogie Boarding

Just riding the wave!

This picture is totally Kate!

Caught her taking selfies on Daddy's phone!

We attempted a funny picture of just the 4 of us





The dolphin we saw




No comments:

Post a Comment