Friday, July 19, 2019

Amelia Island Part 2

The rest of our vacation was pretty much like the first 2 days...wake up, beach/pool, eat, beach, eat, play games, some kind of nightly entertainment and then repeat.  We had told Bryce on Tuesday that we would plan for putt-putt on Thursday night and he would wake up talking about it.  Thursday morning he actually came into our room and the first words out of his mouth were "tonight we get to play putt-putt."  I love that kid!  Wednesday I believe was the day Kate met her friend and like I said, these 2 hit it off.  We were no fun for Kate after she met Emmy.  They would both get their nets and go to town.  They had pools for their fish and buckets for everything.  They really occupied themselves.  They would break for some play time in the waves but not for long!  

Day 4:
Net and sunglasses...she's all ready





practice time



Bryce had us all laughing because he came out of the water worried why he had spots on him...it was the sunscreen we had just reapplied on him.



Trying to capture some last moments of just the 3 of them...I think my emotions are kicking in overtime!








The full moon was this week and while this picture does it absolutely no justice since it was with my phone, you can see how beautiful it is!  This night we were hunting crabs


Day 5:
starting their hole to be buried in

All buried!

Bryce was able to sit on them!



Finally getting to play putt-putt!


Day 6:
I didn't take many pictures today other than Bryce being in timeout and playing in the water shortly after.   He can be a mess.  We soaked up our last day and stayed out as long as we could.  Kate almost broke my heart telling me how sad she was having to say goodbye to her friend Emmy.  She said she thought she might cry...it was so sad but luckily I never saw her cry.  Who knows we may run into them next year down here because they come each year too.  We ended our night at our favorite ice cream place, DeNucci's.  They too have Dole Whips in different flavors so we always go there at least twice!  Now we are packing up and getting ready to head back home tomorrow.  I know we have a busy rest of the summer and I'm excited about the thought that this baby will be coming anytime really.  But part of me knows that with all the busyness that comes with school starting and definitely with a new baby that I'm going to be wishing for these relaxing beach days.  Even if I am fat and miserable!    I cherish these vacations with my family so much and I sat every day on this beach trip memorizing what my kids looked like at this age and loving every part of them.  I don't do well with change so picturing our unknown future has me all over the place!  But we loved our week at Amelia Island and can't wait to make more memories here in the future! 

he loved throwing his shark into the waves and watching it come back to him

Not loving how big he looks here! But this boy has my heart for sure and my people out there in those waves do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment