Friday, January 6, 2017

Ringing in 2017!

I can't believe another year has flown by and we are now into another year!  2017!  What?!  Is it just me or can anyone remember thinking the year 2000 would never be a possibility. Well fast forward (really fast I might add) 17 years later and here we are in January of 2017!  I always reflect in January on all the fun the last year held and wonder what this new year might possibly have in store.  Good things I hope!  I know we have a list of our own goals we would like to see done or happen this year. I'm looking forward to fun in each and every month and maybe writing about some of that fun on this blog too!  We had a fun time with our friends ringing in the new year.  We love spending New Year's with all of our closest friends at the Burton's.  I love that my kids look forward to this same tradition too.  Since school has been out our kids have really been staying up late so making it to midnight was no problem at all for any of them...unfortunately that includes Bryce.  We are having some sleep issues with him so anyone with any tips on making a 2 year old go to bed easier please share!  In this midst of all this sleep insomnia though the paci is GONE!  What?!  I didn't think I would ever be able to say that but it is crazy that Bryce got rid of that thing all on his own.  I mean its a small miracle.  I'm a little sad but trying to focus on the positive side of that.   Anyway...back to New Year's.   We had so much fun!  I had bought the kids these fun 2017 glasses and we had some fun with those.  Hubs and I might have liked them more than the kids did!






We spent the rest of the night hanging out with our friends.  With the forecast having a lot of rain starting around 10:45 the fireworks were moved up to 10:30.  It was a smart decision because it started raining good after the fireworks.  We did stay up with everyone until 12:00 and it was so cute listening to all the kids doing their own countdown to midnight.  I loaded the kids up shortly after and came home while the guys stuck around for some cards.  Bryce was still the last one to fall asleep.  I'm not sure what his deal is!  I'm hoping getting back on our school schedule will help!
Dawn got some good snuggles from Bryce & Liv 

Nat was surrounded by hands wanting the poppers!



Bryce was a little bit afraid of the sparklers...worked out for Grace to get some love though!


 




caught these 2 getting into the cupcakes!

Bryce was getting in on the card action

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment