Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Better late than never...that's my motto on this Halloween post that I may or may not have forgot about...oops!  We did have a great Halloween though.  It is one of my favorite holidays and is just so fun for the kids.
After getting both girls dressed for school in their costumes, I rushed to get ready myself and Bryce and I headed to the preschool for Kate's trunk-or-treat and Halloween party.  A huge thanks to Suzy for helping me decorate my trunk!  She actually decorated it while I got Bryce situated.  Kate was so excited to get to wear her costume to school and get candy.  She also got to be the leader since she had missed school on Wednesday when it was her turn.  I just smiled watching her walk out.  I can't believe she is big enough to be at preschool!  This is the class I taught and actually taught Cohen and it seems like only yesterday.  She just marched right up to every car and said "trick-or-treat" or "happy halloween" and loved getting those treats!  She is just such a cutie!  After trunk or treat the kids headed back to their classroom to have a party.  I didn't get any pictures there because my hands were full!  But they all had a great time.  It was a fun start to our Halloween.





I took all 3 kids to the bank to see Daddy and let them trick-or-treat there.  They really enjoyed being there and ran around like they owned the place!  We made a stop at Bebe's house too so they could show her their costumes and do some trick-or-treating.  We headed to Aunt Sara's from there and took the girls trick-or-treating on her street.  I love being able to walk around and let the girls experience some fun.  When we got back to Sara's everyone ate hotdogs and just enjoyed the rest of Halloween.  Since it was pretty chilly and windy we had to keep our little Batman inside :)  We now have more candy than we know what to do with!




On Sunday we had our Halloween celebration at church.  The girls were running around playing games, riding on the hayride, and doing the cake walk.  It was a lot of fun!  One of the highlights of the night was the photo booth that was set up.  There were several silly props to dress up with and it was very popular!  Kate was really fond of it, so much so that she decided to walk up and be in several families' pictures.  I would look up and there she would be smiling away for someone else's picture!  It was hilarious.  I happened to catch a picture on my phone when she hopped into Alan & Jennifer's picture.  #kateburton

Here is our picture we took that Kate was supposed to be in!  You have to love that girl!



Our last Halloween celebration was this past Wednesday at the library story time.  It was nice to be able to stretch out all the festivities.  I know the kids didn't mind a bit either.  Our story time pumpkin hunt is always fun and after doing it with Cohen and now Kate it makes it all the more special :)


Bryce's first library pumpkin hunt



No comments:

Post a Comment