Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Weeks 6 & 7-Corona Chronicles



Forgive me but weeks 6 & 7 are a combo post.  These weeks definitely have ran together for us, but who's also with me on not knowing what day of the week it is, month, don't even mention actual date because that's just way to much thinking.  Life stopped on March 15 and everything after that who knows, right?!  Y'all when this all went down and I started keeping up with each week I thought maybe 2-3 weeks and then we would be over it.  Now look where we are...almost 2 MONTHS later.  Boy have we learned a lot and realized what is truly important to us, what we can live without and what we want to get back to so bad.  I MISS my people, my friends, my church but I LOVE my family and the time we are getting together.  The memories we are making.  I was running the other day and thinking how if I think about something coming up and how plans are getting messed up it really bothers me, but once that event actually comes and goes I'm not thinking about what I've missed...I'm moving on and getting over it (somewhat).  Now I'm to the point of wondering if things will ever go back the same.  I'm glad some have started to ease back in but I still wonder about others.  School? Church? Vacations? Georgia Football!?  I can't even go there yet.  My mind isn't ready to think that I won't get to see the Dawgs play! 

We have had a pretty rough and emotional last 2 weeks.  Nothing coronavirus related but it sure didn't help.  Week 6 hit us hard.  Denny came home from a hospital stay and his health had declined more.  We got to visit every day that week and even got days of being able to talk to him but at the end of the week God called him home and our hearts were broken.  I can't even write much more than this for now because it truly has been a hard pill to swallow.  We loved him fiercely and will miss him so.  People like Denny are hard to find and definitely don't get replaced.  He was special and we were lucky to have had him.  He has been such a big part of my entire life and a big part of my kids' lives.  Seeing them sad makes it even harder.  But we do have so many special memories, we shared countless laughs and having lived so close we just had special times.  I hope that I can do a post just for him soon but it will take a minute to get there.  Each call, text, and sweet message has been appreciated.  Everyone is so sweet. 

We did have our regular school work to fit in.  We squeezed in a fishing trip.  Kate has been digging for worms every day to go fishing with and continues doing that.  She loves it and has added tacklebox to her birthday list.  This girl is living her best life right now getting outside and digging!  Here's a few pics from our week:

Ellington never lacks for any attention or entertainment!

lots of good naps!
 Bryce decided he would practice using his fishing rod in the pool.  He definitely mastered casting it out!

more snuggles

Bryce got to zoom again with his class.  He got to debut his "corona cut".  They also had show-n-tell, where he showed his Darth Vader mask.  (of course)

Thursday, while Cohen had a private lesson we got to go to Target!!  Woo hoo!!  Its the little things now that excite us the most.  Grace got creative in carrying Ellington around the store!

 Friday the kids were so excited because they finally got to go fishing!   We were only fishing for little brim but they didn't care and each of them caught one. Bryce actually caught 2.  He was so excited.  I guess I didn't realize it, but he said that was his first fish.  I'm still not too sure about that but hey, if he was excited so was I!

You can guess who was all about holding the fish!  She also was the one to take the fish off the hooks!




Bryce wanted to tell Denny he had caught a fish.  Broke my heart.  Denny was not only like a grandpa to him, he was his buddy. 

While planting some flowers for Suzy, Kate got a worm snake...only she would be smiling this big about it too!


Week 7:

Ellington loves her feet.  Cohen says she's already practicing her foot hold!  It is funny to watch how she grabs one foot and just holds it up.

of course Bryce is there to help her stick it in her mouth!
 Sweet E got her first bike ride in this week!   Kelly got the bike seat put back on his bike and I found a helmet just for her!  If that isn't the cutest thing?!

Sporting his UGA mask




Kate got to do another fun experiment with her gifted class.  This time they made lava lamps!

 On Sunday night the kids and Kelly had a full out Nerf war in the house.  Let me just say that Hubby is as bad as they are.  I couldn't stop laughing at and videoing them.  At one point Kate and Bryce go to find him and he has this pillow fort built on our bed and when they came in he had his shot ready.  Never a dull moment here guys!   But so thankful for a fun, playful Daddy!

Saturday we were visiting Suzy and planting flowers...Ellington was "social distancing" but you can guess how long that lasted :)

And then Sunday we finished another week with more fishing!  This time Pop, Sug, and Uncle Davis came with us.  It was nice and hot!  And sad to say everyone didn't get a fish this time.  But Kate did and she was all about it!

footbold in the stroller!





We got back just in time for the Kona ice truck to come.  That was just what we needed after fishing in the hot!   We love it when they visit our neighborhood! 

New week and ready to go!  We celebrated Pop over the weekend because this week (Monday) is his birthday!!  Happy Birthday to Pop!  Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment