Thursday, May 14, 2020

8 weeks in & Happy Mother's Day


Its hard to believe but this week marked 2 months since we started our "new" way of life.  What made this hard to believe or hard to put into perspective is that our summer vacation is usually 12 weeks long and we just completed 8 weeks. 
This week we celebrated Ellington turning 9 months old and I got Bryce registered for kindergarten.  We may not know what next year looks like for school but he is registered nonetheless.  The rest of the week we did some of our usual things, morning walks, the kids took a swim in the cold pool, lots of playing outside and even had a fun bike ride. 

This is how Ellington usually ends up during our walks.  Walks actually give her some quiet nap time!

Despite the cold water the kids have been spending time in the pool here and there  
We love our trips to the Vintage Cup. 

Ellington turned 9 months old this week.  I can't believe my baby is just growing up so fast.  One thing about all this time at home together is we are loving getting to enjoy every moment with this little girl.  She gets a lot of attention every day!   Ellington got a new swimsuit so we had to take a picture in it.  Loving our Dawgs all year 'round!



We've tried to find different activities for the kids to do to help with all the time at home.  Cohen has kept a puzzle going on the dining room table but we added an embroidery project this week. 

We got Bryce registered for kindergarten this week.  Normally we would have had a cute little picture with a prop or something cute saying class of 2033 but not this year...this is corona registration!  On the couch, no pressure!  

The kids love to play with Ellington.  This day I found Kate and Bryce surrounding her with animals.

 On Saturday we decided to take advantage of the nice afternoon and go for a bike ride.  We biked to Finley's, ate a late lunch, then rode some more. 



having a little sidewalk picnic
We rode into the cemetery.  Bryce wanted to see where Denny was buried and then spent some time playing there.  It still just doesn't seem real to any of us but I know its especially hard for him to process.  
 

That sweet face is the cutest with her little helmet

Sunday was Mother's Day and we celebrated our awesome Mamas!  And my sweet kiddos and Hubby celebrated me.  Cohen has been doing a lot of baking over the last few weeks and she was excited to make another pie-a strawberry cream pie.  She did a good job!   I didn't get a picture of it but Kelly also made a dessert, my favorite, chocolate delight.  I thought it was so sweet because baking definitely isn't something he does often!  It was delicious too! 
We spent the afternoon celebrating Lydia and the evening celebrating my Mama.  I didn't get a picture with my Mama.  I've got to get better on that!







someone loved eating ice cream...she has an ice cream toy and the real stuff in her teether
I hope everyone had a great week! And to all my "digital" school mamas out there...we are on the home stretch this week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment