Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Week 9: The End of the School Year


I can honestly say I would have never thought this is how I would be writing about the end of the school year.   Even 2 months ago when we started our "social distancing" I thought we would do it for 2 weeks, maybe through spring break, and then we would for sure be back in school.  But instead of writing about fun field days and end of the year parties we finished our year virtual style-in our pjs and on Zoom.  Kate had awards over Zoom with her class, Cohen finished all her work on Google classroom, and Bryce is now finished with preschool.  We did start our week doing preschool cap and gown pics for Bryce.  These are my absolute favorites.  It brought me to tears seeing my little boy with that cap and gown on.  Its killing me thinking about him starting kindergarten.  It was so fun seeing him reunited with his school friends.  They were all so happy to see each other, and to play together on the playground.  Any hope of distancing these kids was out the door-even though I think we were all happy to have them together.  Most of us moms said we would be in that carpool line the next day if we could.  I hate to think he's missed out on so much fun especially with preschool.  We all know how serious big school is.  At least he seems to be living it up here at home.  Every day he and Kate are outside as soon as possible.   I think they and the Shaver's have had a blast on the trampoline, playing in the hide out, and having Nerf wars.  I have loved seeing them have so much fun together.
Here's how the rest of our week looked:
During Kate's Monday zoom call her class had their awards and she read them her story as the Young Author's winner.   Kate got the Wonderful Worker award for her class.  We are so proud of her and how she has worked so hard this year. 
Add caption


After Kate's call we headed to the church for some preschool pictures.  Can you tell how happy Bryce was to be playing with his friends?!
A sneak peek of Bryce's...I need all the Kleenex I can get.  And I guess the buzz cut will now always be remembered.













Tuesday the kids stayed with Suzy while I got to finally get a pedicure!  Ellington found a new favorite toy!

On Wednesday the kids officially finished school!  Woo hoo!  Normally we celebrate with a pool party with their friends.  I told them we would definitely still have a party, we would just have to push it back a little later.  They did end up having a little fun celebrating!  Cohen, Kate, Keyes, Easton, and Elliott all camped out in their "hideout" here behind the house.  We really thought they wouldn't make it all night but they did!  We went to bed at 12:30 and they were all playing basketball.  I don't know how much sleep they got but they had a blast.  It was pretty neat seeing all their Enos hanging up.  They have all did a great job cleaning up in the hideout.  It really looks good.  They next day they called us in there to show us their "fire pit".  They had even built a real fire!  It was small but it was lit!




Pebbles even slept in there with them!



On Friday we took the kids fishing again.  Kate had spent some time digging worms at Sug's so she was ready to go!  Bryce was the big winner this time.   He even caught his first bass.  He also caught one of the smallest fish I've seen.  He sure doesn't care how big or small they are, he is just in heaven fishing and catching something!







 Check out their whopper fish!

little sis was not impressed

Saturday Bryce and I had a little ice cream/coffee date.  This boy is the best.  He keeps me laughing all the time!


The kids also spent the afternoon in the pool.  It was a beautiful day.  Even Ellington got to try out the pool for the first time.  She LOVES it.  She just floated in her float and was as happy as a clam!


Kate was hoping to rescue this little baby bird she found even though we told her that was not as easy as she wished. 


Sunday we had our church service in our pjs, except Ellington, she was in her Sunday bonnet!  All the cuteness was killing me.  I sure do wish we could all dress up and go to church!  I'm looking forward to that so much!

Later that afternoon we celebrated Kason's 2nd birthday.  Bryce loves Kason so much!  He has been concerned that Kason didn't recognize him with his haircut but I think Kason was thrilled to see him!

cousin crew
Now let summer begin!!!  We are ready to have pool dates with our friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment