Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas Catch Up

I'm finally getting around to our Christmas blog post.  We had a great Christmas and enjoyed spending it with our family.  The kids got out of school the week before Christmas and they each had fun at their school parties.  Cohen's class did a grade wide brunch and Kate's class had a breakfast party in their classroom and they did a book swap.  I love getting to go and be there with each of them!


Kate & Bentley are really focusing on the books 




Our first family Christmas came on Friday for my family.  I didn't take many pictures but I did get this one of the kids before they tore into their gifts.  One way to get all kids looking and smiling at the same time is to tell them nothing could be opened until they looked for the picture...score.

Bryce was more occupied with his bag than the toys inside

Saturday went to Gainesville to see Grannie & Papa.  There was more excitement opening gifts.  Cohen was over the moon over her slime kit....she is all about slime right now.  Kate added more animals to her collection and Bryce got what may have been his favorite gift of all, a Georgia football outfit complete with football pads and helmet.









On Christmas Eve we visited my Nanny in Hartwell.  That evening the girls put out their reindeer food and we had Christmas Eve service at church.  That night we had Christmas Eve dinner at Larry & Lydia's.  She always has the best meal planned out and we love it.  It was so nice and we love enjoying the last peaceful hours before the madness starts on Christmas morning.  Fun madness but Christmas Eve is one night that I really love.  Everyone is so excited and I love it.


cookies & milk are ready!

Our kids were up at 7:00 on Christmas morning.  Actually Cohen woke up and wanted to sleep in our room at 1:48!  I think she was having trouble sleeping.  She must have liked our room much better because I was surprised she slept until 7.



Cohen was so excited to get the iPod she wanted!

You will notice that Bryce does not have an excited face in these pictures.  HE was so sure that Santa was actually going to be in the living room that he was disappointed when he wasn't there.  He just hung his head down and said "Santa not here".  He did warm up pretty quick to his new things but this was just hilarious to us.  I think with Cohen, my first child, this would have tore me up.  I always wanted that big reaction but by  #3 I've learned he barely understands whats going on and this is great!



Nothing is more exciting than Blippi videos!  

Santa knows Hubby & I so well 
 I actually made Kelly corn hole boards for Christmas & was proud of how they turned out.  Denny actually made them and I did the painting.  The best was he was pretty surprised and it took some work sneaking around to get these painted.  I had them at Mama's and painting can take a while since one coat has to dry before another goes on.  It all worked out though and I was glad to surprise him.

No comments:

Post a Comment