Monday, November 7, 2016

Soccer Champs!

I know I mentioned a while back that Cohen played soccer for the first time this fall.  This was a new sport for her but she had spent time playing here at home and watching her sister play.  We had always encouraged Cohen to give it a try so when she told me she thought she wanted to I jumped to sign her up.  It wouldn't interfere with baton so we went with it.  I don't think she realized how much she was going to enjoy it.  Cohen also had an awesome team!  Not only were these kids awesome soccer players, but they all played so well together.  They were also coached by an awesome coach and we can't thank Frankie enough for all he taught Cohen.  These kids ended their season as the only undefeated team and were the 8 and under soccer champs!!  It was so much fun getting to watch Cohen out on that field and she really did so good!  I was so proud of her for not only playing so hard on the field but for the hard work she put into it.  Before each game she would get so anxious that she might mess up and then she would get out on the field and just turn it on.  We have always told our kids to always give it 100% no matter what they are doing and she did just that.  She even scored and her face doing that was priceless.  I don't know if we will see her play soccer again but I sure hope we do.  I can only hope she has as good of an experience as this fall was!  Way to go Aces!!
The team celebrated their championship season with a pizza and bowling party.  They had a blast and it was a well deserved party for them.
#1 after beating Stephens County in their last game 

Cohen & Elliott were the captains of the last game

Cohen & Ada...these 2 have had a blast playing together!





Gotta have the silly one!

No comments:

Post a Comment