Monday, February 8, 2016

Cohen Turns 8!


Over the weekend Cohen had a birthday and is now an official 8 year old!  How I have an 8 year old is beyond me.  That happened way to fast!  Cohen is an 8 going on 18 year old!  I am very proud of her and the little girl she has grown into.  I still get teary thinking how she has grown.   We were watching some home movies the other night and I just cried looking back at her at 2 and 3 years old.  It feels like it was just yesterday and then I blinked and we were celebrating her 8th birthday!  Sadly, I know the next 8 years will continue to fly by!  She is really an amazing little girl. She is so extremely smart and can be so funny. You will see in the pictures I took of her she was more into silly faces than anything.  I told her I was more than glad to take those and would be sure to pull them out years later to see if she still loved them then.    She is also sassy beyond belief but I know she does get a lot of that honestly.  She gives us so much to be proud of and brings so much joy to our lives.  Here is a little bit about our 8 year old Coco:

  • loves to read!  We definitely have a little bookworm.
  • loves to twirl baton.  She is still all about twirling and loves the girls she twirls with and Mrs. Amy.
  • Loves to build legos
  • Loves her ipad and will watch YouTube all the time.  Mainly music videos!
  • This fall Cohen accepted Jesus into her heart and will be baptized this year.  We are beyond thrilled with this decision and she blows me away with how much she comprehends.  She loves God and seeing her make the best decision she will ever make is definitely a proud mommy moment.
  • She is a great sister to both Kate and Bryce.  They both really love her and I know she is going to be a great little "teacher" for them.  







Now for the fun ones.  Cohen really is funny and silly!  She loves to make funny faces and then laughs at herself.  We can have fun playing around for sure.  And like I said...these may resurface in years to come!







Friday night we started our celebrating with a birthday party at Grannie & Papa's.  Aunt Vicki made one of her favorites...spaghetti.  She really loved her party and got some fun gifts.  She told me once we got home that this felt like Christmas again.   We had not been to Gainesville since Christmas.  Bryce had loved the potatoes or "balls" on our last visit and picked right up where he left off on this one too!


More Legos! 


Kate wanted to blow out the candles too
 That night I had to go lay with my little 7 year old one last time.  She may be getting bigger by the minute but I still smile watching her sleep.  She loves that same blanket that she has always been attached to since day 1.

Saturday was her actual birthday and also her birthday party.  We decided to scale back on such a big party this year but still have a lot of fun.  She wanted an indoor swimming party since she can never enjoy the fun of a summer swimming party.  Lavonia has a new Hampton Inn that did the trick and even though we were hesitant, it really went well and everyone seemed to have a fun time.  What child doesn't enjoy swimming right?!  Cohen really wanted to wear her mermaid tail too!  They swam, ate, opened gifts, and then swam some more!  We had agreed to let Cohen have her first slumber party with some friends too.  The girls were so sweet and it went so good.  Cohen has told me that she wants to do that every year now!  I loved watching them play.  OF course we had to do pedicures, a bubble bath with jets, and they also did their makeup!  So girly and so fun.  I loved hearing all their giggles!  When it came time to lay down they all wanted to watch "Annie" and fell asleep during the movie.  We got everyone up and ready for church on Sunday which also went smoother than I thought it might.  Yay us!  First sleepover/slumber party was a success!  Cohen said she loved everything about her birthday and I sure hope she did.  I love my Coco and look forward to making some fun memories this year!








The kids loved this hot shower!  I think when the water felt cool they headed for the hot water.






putting on makeup!

so many bubbles!

relaxing for before pedicures



3 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful. Those pictures of her are gorgeous. And, her party looked super adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute 8th birthday bash!! She is looking fantastic on her birthday. Your post reminds me of the birthday party of my niece. We had organized her birthday at the most beautiful beachside event venue in Florida. It was such a blasting night.

    ReplyDelete