Monday, August 22, 2011

Vacation Part 2!

After spending a few days in Destin, we packed up and drove to the other side of Florida to Amelia Island. Cohen was a little sad to be leaving "Sug and Pop's beach", but she was very excited when we got to Amelia Island and she saw that Bebe, Auntie P, Devin, Cameron, Brock, Denny, Suzy, Eric, Jessica and Kate-Kate were all there to play with!  She had a blast last year while we were there and this year was just the same.  We had such a fun week with everybody.  We spent our days at the beach and pool and our nights playing cards and laughing. One night we even walked on the beach hoping to see a sea turtle nest hatch, but I think we actually missed it by 1 day.   We found some great sea shells which Cohen thoroughly enjoyed!  It is so fun being able to spend a week relaxing and enjoying the company of family.  Its unfair that vacations happen 1 week out of the year.
We got to see some shark excitement while we were there too!  Amelia Island is well known for finding shark's teeth and this year we actually got to see the sharks themselves.  The lifeguards even evacuated the water.  We had wondered what the purple flag meant and soon found out it meant sharks!  It was amazing to watch them though.  And other than that one day the water was so nice and pretty clear for the Atlantic!
Amelia is so special to our family because we went there every year for about 20 years so its so nice to go back.  We always like to go somewhere during the week in August that my Daddy died.  Its nice to be away from home and spending time with our family.  I can't believe that this year marked the 5th anniversary of his death.  I miss him terribly and I know he would have enjoyed my girls so much.  I'm so glad I had such a wonderful daddy though because my babies will love all the stories I have to share with them about him.  He was a wonderful man!
It was sad coming back to the "real" world but we couldn't have had a better vacation with BOTH our families!
Cohen & Devin napping...he does have a sweet side!

Cohen & Brock

Eric, Jessica and Kate-Kate! 

Asleep with Katelyn...card games tend to run late!

Cohen loved pushing the elevator buttons!


Brock & Kate

Mama & Devin


I can't believe he is a senior this year!!  Our attempt for some pictures was short due to all the lightening all around us!

A quick family picture 



Daddy & his girls

And one with Mama



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time at both your beach vacations. I think it's so special that your family plans a trip around the same time as the death of your father. I can't imagine how hard it is on you all to not have him with you but I'm sure being around your sweet girls helps everyone keep a smile on their faces. :-)

    ReplyDelete