Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Busy But Fun Time of Year

Since we have been back from vacation we have been on the go non-stop.  Cohen has had 3 birthday parties,  school started back, and Kate had to go for her 2 month check-up.  First up was Savannah's 4th birthday.  Savannah is my niece and she and Cohen are just like sisters.  These 2 have been together from day one and they love each other and fight with each other just like sisters would.  I can't believe that Savannah just turned 4!  I remember her being born just like it was yesterday.   Time really does fly, and I think it goes by extra fast when you have children!  Savannah celebrated with a Hello Kitty dress up party so it was very cute to watch all the girls in their "dress-up" attire!
Brooke, Savannah, and Cohen

Juliette & Cohen


Playing pin the bow on Hello Kitty...only my child would have no clothes on at this point!


After Savannah's party on Sunday we had to get ready to start a new week which started with me heading back to school to get my room ready.  School started on Friday and I spent the first 3 days of the week getting everything ready.  This year Cohen is in my preschool class so I am saying prayers every day that this goes well for us.  So far so good.  She is very good in class and will remind me how she is "being a good listener and following directions".  She really has done very well and we have now completed 3 days.  Hopefully it will continue.  I can't believe my baby is 3 1/2!  She amazes me each day and I am looking forward to watching her learn and see the excitement each day as she does.
Ready for school


At her chair at the table waiting on her friends to arrive

Cohen & Savannah

Cohen & Mommy (aka her teacher!)

Cohen and Madison all smiles at snack time

Over the weekend Cohen had 2 birthday parties for friends.  They were both on Saturday and I also gave my friend Rebekah a baby shower that morning!  After the shower we got ready and headed to Juliette's birthday party.  All the kids played in the pool and on the water slide and then went in to eat cake and watch Juliette open her gifts.  These little girls have been friends from the start as well and Cohen couldn't have a sweeter friend than Juliette!  We enjoyed sharing in her birthday festivities!  After leaving Juliette's party it was on to our friend and neighbor Keyes' 4th birthday party.  Keyes had a farm party and we made it there just in time for the hay ride.  Cohen hopped right on!  When they got back from the ride she was anxiously waiting to bust the pinata because she knew there was candy inside!  This girl has a sweet tooth for sure!  I was only able to get a few pictures but I hope you enjoy what I did get.  It was a fun day for her for sure.  

Mylie, Cohen, and Juliette


Cohen & Juliette

On the hay ride at Keyes' party

Trying on her bandana

I would really like to hear this conversation!


And last but definitely not least, I can't leave out my precious angel Kate!  This little girl is about as good as they get in my book.  She is so laid back and is content just about anywhere we go.  She is about 2 1/2 months now and we just went for her check up when we got back from the beach.  She now weighs 12 lbs 2 oz and is 22 1/2 inches long.  She loves to be held and never lacks for somebody to hold her!  She has nights where she sleeps the entire night and every now and then she wakes up once, usually around 4 am.  Having those nights that she doesn't wake up is wonderful for me now that I work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.  We are timing it out where I feed her around 6:30 so she gets one bottle while I'm working and I'm off at 12:00 to feed her the next feeding.  She is absolutely precious! She is cooing a lot now and will smile at me which makes me melt!  I am constantly reminded when I look at my girls how blessed I am!
Laughing at mommy

Such a sweet girl




1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what it must be like to teach your own child in your class, but it sounds like you all are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete