Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cohen's first manicure

On Monday Cohen and I had a special girl's day out.  After visiting the library to get signed up for the summer reading program, I took Cohen to have her nails painted at the nail salon.  She really loves having her fingernails and toenails painted so I thought this would be something just she and I could do together before a new little one joined the family.  I needed a pedicure very bad anyway so the timing was perfect!  She was amazed at all the nail polish colors and after picking up some wild colors, she settled for pink and purple (her 2 favorite colors).  Purple nails with a pink flower.  She sat with me while I got a pedicure and they came and painted her nails purple with silver glitter at the tips, then finished them off with a pretty pink flower.  She thought she was something else!  She does have a bad habit of peeling off her polish and that started on Monday night at the ballfield so we'll see how long this polish lasts.  It was a special treat though and we both enjoyed it :)
Picking out her polish

So many pretty colors...it was a rainbow!

Watching as she gets her flower painted

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear she enjoyed this. I was planning on taking Handley on her birthday in a few weeks and I think she's going to think it's a special treat too.

    ReplyDelete