Thursday, September 3, 2020

Ellington Turns 1!






Its been almost a month since our baby girl turned 1!  We may be in the middle of a pandemic but our kids are back in school, back in sports, and we are definitely back on the go.  I can't let our sweet Ellington's birthday go though so this post is for her!  I can't believe it has already been a year since we completed our family with our bonus baby.  She has really added joy to this past year and we can see now how much we needed her.  God also worked it out so that we were all home more and got to try to soak up the sweet moments with her.  Knowing she is our last I see now how much I needed that.  She never lacks for attention and is as fiesty as she is cute.  This girl has the looks and will stare a hole through you.  Of course I wouldn't expect her not to be tough when she has 2 older sisters and one older brother.  They love her so!

Now that she is one she is constantly into EVERYTHING and she is on the go!  She has started taking steps and each week she takes more and more.  She can now walk all the way across a room before she gets nervous and sits down.  But even then she crawls faster than she walks so she definitely gets where she wants to go, which is usually getting into something she shouldn't be into.  She loves to dig in trash cans, fireplaces, and and everything in Bryce's room or Kate and Cohen's room.  She loves to climb in her chair and she loves her new "car".  Luckily we have lots of people here to "push" her around and there have only been a few "crashes".    She and I are settling into a routine here at home during the day while everyone else is at school.  I'm so thankful to have her because I would be lost here by myself.  I have really missed having Bryce home after lunch.  I wish kindergarten was only half a day.  I miss the girls too but he is still new to school and I'm being reminded each week how tiring school is for him.  

Ellington is living her best life though.  We had her one year check up and she is "perfect".  She is weighing in at 20.5 lbs, 28.75 inches tall and still wayyyy of the charts on her head.  lol!  We have managed to always beat the head chart with our babes!  She is wearing 12 mos or 6-12 mos clothes and if she ever wears shoes she is a size 6-12 mos or 4.  I'm not too sure since she rarely wears shoes.  Covid life has made her one dressed up girl with not many places to go and usually barefoot when she goes.  She is finally sleeping ALL night .  That did start just before her birthday.  Maybe its because she is the one I can remember most but she has not been the best sleeper.  It has been nice to get full nights of sleep especially since the alarm clock is going off now.  God knew I needed a good quarantine to catch up on lost sleep too!  Ellington has 3 teeth through with 2 right at the edge breaking through any day.  She's done well teething so far so I hope it stays that way.

We celebrated Ellington with a "One in a Melon" party.  She was loving her cake and her siblings were happy to assist her in eating some. 



One week old to one year old...sometimes it just isn't fair how fast they grow.
 
CAKE TIME!  This was on her birthday.  We had a party just the 2 of us since everyone else had started back to school that day.  We left shortly after school got out but we couldn't go without celebrating!





The night of her birthday we got to Waycross (where Davis and Kayla were getting married the next day) and had another little party with everyone.  Ellington knew what that cake was and she was ready to get into it.  It was after 10:00 but we let her have a slice and she still slept good for us!




Her birthday party pics...a week later.  She had really figured out the cake part by then!



 

  

  

  

 

 

At Ellington's one year check up she cracked me up finding an old paci and loving it.  It lasted for the office time only but she was really having fun with it.  A crazy thing...she was vaccinated that  day for the chicken pox.  Later in the week I was diagnosed with shingles which is basically the chicken pox.  Thankfully that vaccine protected her, but what are the odds.  It had to be one of the most painful things I've had for sure. 


Walking to Daddy!!  Girlfriend is on the move!


Now that we have some one on one time I'll show what me and Ellington do to pass the time until 3:00...

We take funny pics while I get 5 seconds of snuggle time.  She's too busy for much more.

We do kitchen chores...can't unload clean dishes though because Bubby would get us if we did that.

We practice our baton skills...and maybe mess up Sissy's trophies (don't tell her)

We dream about football season bc our wardrobe is too cute!  And we practice "Go Dawgs" while we dance to the Red Coat band.  Raising these babies right!


We try to leave our bow alone and keep it in our hair...but you can see how that goes.




And we get excited when Sissy gets home from school. 


 
See her face says how much she loves me!


Here again...the looks continue!


Currently we have just been able to have our first Piggies!  Funny that she isn't constantly pulling those bows out.  Its a stretch but I sure do love pig tails!


She loves her car!!


And loves the water!  This is where she plays so I can actually take a shower & maybe wear makeup!

 
We love our girl so much!  She is the best gift from God.  He knew we were going to need her and our family is so complete with her!  Happy birthday to my last baby child Ellington!  I love love love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment