Thursday, June 14, 2018

A Disney Surprise!

Its crazy to think, but school has been out for 4 weeks now.  We are really getting into our summer routine of sleeping late, pool days, and hanging out with our friends!  We also kicked our summer off right with not one but 2 vacations.  Actually one was a vacation and the other an adventure.  And you know what I mean by adventure when I say it was a Disney adventure.  I LOVE Disney but vacation is not the word to use for sure.  After school was out and Cohen had her dance recital, we were off to Disney.  My kids had no clue about this trip and actually found out the morning of Cohen's recital.  We left that night!  My cousin Jessica just graduated from college and so this trip was planned around celebrating her graduation.  It was a girls trip (plus Bryce) of me, my girls, Suzy, Jessica, and Cindy.  This was also Suzy and Jessica's first trip to Disney so we wanted to make sure it was memorable for them.  I know that was definitely accomplished LOL!
We did leave on Saturday night after Cohen's recital and we were flying to Orlando so we headed to Atlanta.  All of my kids have flown before but Bryce is older now and while he loves airplanes, he loves watching airplanes and seeing them without being on them himself.  We found out that he wasn't about flying himself.  It was funny and not funny all at the same time.  He provided a lot of humor for the trip among other things, and it all started at the airport while I was pushing him in his stroller and he decided to just jump out which had him in the floor looking back at me and he just said "hey you just runned over me!"  He also decided he didn't want to fly after being the most excited, loud kid in the airport beforehand.  When our plane did take off he laid down in my lap, with a death grip and was silent for at least 25-30 minutes.  Our flight was only an hour thank goodness so yay!  We had a late flight so when we landed it was late and we then had to take the Magical Express to our hotel which was POP Century this time.  We have stayed here several times and liked it each time.  It was a late night for sure and both girls fell asleep on the ride over but Bryce was wide awake with excitement the entire ride.
Here we go...

Take off...not having it

DAY 1:  EPCOT
Our first day we had Epcot on our schedule.  We didn't get up super early since we had been so late getting in and we knew that going with 3 kids would be hard enough.  Really it was just Bryce but why name names :)  We got there and first up was test track.  It would sprinkle on and off so we wanted to catch that one while it wasn't raining and it wouldn't be shut down.  Since Bryce was still to small to ride Cindy took him to see something else and while they were walking they ran into Lightening McQueen and Cruz made out of plants.  That is Bryce's favorite and we have way more pics of that later on but he was excited.   I rode test track with Kate and it is always a fun one!










Epcot had a butterfly garden exhibit going on and since Kate loves butterflies we had to check that out.




Some were mating or appeared to be?



Cohen was trying to get one on her hand while another had landed on her bow

Our favorite Epcot ride is Soarin'.  It is so much fun so we were excited to get Suzy on it.  She did like it even though she said it could almost make you sick.  She's all into it as you can see here....


There were 2 things that Bryce was thrilled to see...the ducks and the monorail.  Each time he saw the monorail he would yell "monorail!" and he would always stop for the ducks.  It didn't take much for him.





 We rode more and ate but later in the afternoon we were ready to head back to our hotel to eat and relax a little.  The kids got to swim which they loved.  We are usually here in February so they have swam but it was much warmer this time so they were excited.
Bryce was fascinated by this lady's sanitizer holder.  He helped himself to it all during the bus ride back.  I hope she didn't mind!







DAY 2: HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Day 2 was Hollywood Studios.  We knew this park wouldn't take all day but we did want to get there when it opened at 9:00 so we could get to Toy Story pretty quick.  This one is one of our very favorites and I think the girls rode it at least 4 times throughout the day.  My favorite ride is also at HS and that is Rockin' Roller Coaster.  We saw some fun shows, rode rides, and ate.  Bryce even got a nap in.  Disney is tiring!  
While we were in line for Toy Story we were able to see Cruz Ramirez!  Bryce was amazed and loved her.  She even talks and while I was taking their picture she started talking and moving.  You can see it in his expression.  







Toy Story was one of everyone's favorites.  I think this was Suzy's favorite ride from all of the parks.  Bryce even loved this one and he didn't love a lot.




I couldn't help but laugh because Bryce hit nothing the entire ride but he was completely into it and was trying his best.  I think he couldn't see over the gun and aim all at once.  I tried getting a picture of the zero but it did end up saying 600 for him so that must be the score you get for trying.   He had the best time and never hit a target.


Suzy got snowed on at the Frozen show!
That afternoon we had a little down time at the hotel to rest.  I decided it would be a good time to take Bryce to see all of his favorites from CARS at the Art of Animation hotel.  POP Century and Art of Animation are right there together so all we had to do was cross the bridge right at our building and we were at the big Cars part of the hotel.  I have several videos but it was precious seeing him so excited and running from one character car to the next.  He loved it!  Cindy and I both said it was probably a good thing we didn't actually stay there because he would never leave if we did.  




 











After we got back from "Radiator Springs" we all got ready and headed to Disney Springs to eat and shop.  The girls loved the human statues.  Kate was especially amazed by them and kept going back for pictures of the guy.  They seemed to pick her out to tap on and have fun with.  They are pretty amazing to watch.  I know that is one job I couldn't do.  Another fun night down.




She still loves a mannequin picture...only sillier now

My Lego lover





DAY 3:  ANIMAL KINGDOM



the mood swings by Bryce were on point during this trip...
Tuesday we slept in a little longer, ate breakfast at our hotel, then made our way to Animal Kingdom. My kids love Animal Kingdom.  It is probably a close favorite to Magic Kingdom since Kate is our big animal lover.  And now with the new Pandora it has one of the best rides!  Bryce also is a big fan of seeing the animals.  We started in Dino land and he wasn't a big fan of the spinning dinosaurs.  IT is crazy the difference in a year because just last February he would ride whatever he could get on and took it in stride.  Now a year later and a little more fearful of things, he wasn't into things with loud noises, a lot of dark moments, or drops.  Maybe he was having a flashback to the airplane!  While we rode Dinosaur Suzy stayed with him and they met Goofy and Donald Duck.  We actually came off the ride just in time to meet Goofy with Bryce.

 You can see that Bryce wasn't feeling the dinosaur.








Jessica & I made a quick stop to ride Expedition Everest. A good roller coaster ride is a must, then we made our way to see some of the animals.  We were all pretty grossed out but amazed at the bats.   Afterwards we ate lunch and headed to the safari.  This is always the best and one we could ride on over and over.  The animals are so neat to see.  When we got off of the safari I was sending Kelly some pictures and videos so I asked Bryce what some of his favorite animals were that he saw and he just said without missing a beat..."a peeing wildebeest!"  Well ok...I'm glad he's so observant.


 An up close look at the huge frog




my little safari girl

I loved seeing the baby hippo



After the safari it was off & on rain showers for a little bit.  Suzy decided to take Bryce and Kate to watch the Lion King show while the rest of us went to ride one of the new Avatar rides in Pandora.  It was a wait but very cute ride that we enjoyed.  I love the new section.  We all ended up being finished around the same time and we thought we would go back to the hotel to eat and some of us could come back later to do something else.  The bus was taking forever so Suzy just took Bryce and Kate back herself while we stayed on to ride Flight of Passage, the other new ride in Pandora.  Because these rides are so new the lines are long.  We weren't able to get a fast pass for it so we had to wait.   The shortest the line got was 80 minutes so we waited it out to ride this ride and OMG it was worth the wait.  We LOVED that ride and I'm already looking forward to riding it again.  I'm not sure if the line will go down for that one for a while.  It is just a lot of fun and definitely a thriller!  It was a fun way to end the night.  We did catch a little of the Rivers of Light show, but we were getting hungry so we cut it short and headed for the food.  We do have our priorities in line!



DAY 4: MAGIC KINGDOM...(or the hotel for 2 of us)

Well as if our trip hadn't had enough excitement, we got some more on Wednesday at around 4:30 am.  Yep...sick kiddo.  Bryce was sleeping with me thank goodness, he had been booted from being Cindy's bed buddy because he wet the bed the first night.  Even though she didn't realize it I still had to reel him in and have him swap with Cohen.  But thankfully so because he got sick in the night.  Now if you know me I do not handle throw up, it gets me all kind of anxious but I did pretty good.  I actually had woke up just before he got sick with a feeling that one of my kids was going to be sick.  Talk about mother's intuition.  I had hoped I was all wrong and overreacting but nope, I was on it.  Soo....I was up the rest of the morning.  He was sick a couple of times and I was finding the laundry room at 6:30.  Side note...no one is up much at a Disney resort at 6:30.   So needless to say Bryce and I stayed back on Wednesday instead of taking off to Magic Kingdom with the others.  He woke up feeling pretty good so I took him to the pool to play and splash which he absolutely loved.  Nothing could have made him happier I don't think.  We swam, played, ate a little lunch, went back to Radiator Springs and then swam again.  I think it was Bryce's ideal day.  I was so thankful he never got sick again.








Bryce wouldn't smile for the nice guy who offered to take our picture...he is a little stinker



Around 6:30 I thought we might be safe to travel over to the park and catch a few rides. Magic Kingdom is my favorite and the girls love it too.  Thankfully Cindy had sent me pics throughout the day of the fun they were having.  Cohen had finally rode roller coasters again and so had Kate so I was proud of them.





   When I got to the park Bryce had fallen asleep on the bus.  That was a sight getting him off, the stroller off, him in the stroller...whew.  I was hoping I hadn't made a mistake taking him but I think he was just tired from his day in the pool.











7:00 we made it!




Till next time Disney!!

And a little side note for all you boy moms out there, you need to get yourself one of these nifty little elephants!  This was our lifesaver for Bryce's potty breaks.  With a toddler they come at any time and at any place so there isn't always a restroom right there at your reach.  This became a joke, but again a life saver.  Cohen may or may not have had a few embarrassing moments with her brother going potty in a line but it did the trick.  I still have flashbacks to Kate needing to go right in the middle of the Wishes fireworks show, in the middle of main street, with about a million people blocking us in!


Thursday morning we were up early to get the Magical Express back to the airport.  Bryce was again wide awake and so excited at everything he saw out of the window.  He was equally excited in the airport at the large fish aquarium and again in one of the stores at the airport.  He got mesmerized with one of the candy dispensers for sale.  So amazed by it that he took it without me seeing him do it.  I get him into the bathroom to go and he reaches in his stroller to pull out the candy saying, "look what I got!"  He was so proud and while I died laughing, I also made him return it right back into the store.  I don't think he quite understood the stealing concept.

All the excitement ended when we got on the plane and it started moving.  This time instead of being silent, he laid in my lap and screamed "Help me", "I'm going to fall out", "Help me".  It was pitiful but funny.  He did quiet down a little bit into the take off and finally gave it up and fell asleep in my lap.  He slept the whole flight.  And when we landed he was worried about my white car.  He was convinced we had lost our car at the airport so when we got back to it he was pretty excited that I had found it.  Oh to be in his mind!  We ended our trip with a stop at Barbaritos!   A welcome home to one of our favorites.  It was a great adventure and we made some fun memories.  I love trips with my family and the chance to get to make fun memories.  I know we are going to treasure them all, we already do!  Disney is a lot of work but I'm always left ready to go back.  
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment