Saturday, November 11, 2017

Happy Halloween!



I love Halloween!!  I'm so glad when the actual holiday falls after the Georgia/Florida game so we don't miss out on any fun.  When my kids were small I missed a lot of those game weekends because of Halloween but now it has cycled back to being during the week so we don't have to choose!  Woo hoo!  This year we started our Halloween fun earlier in the month at Nat's Halloween party and got to have more fun as the actual day came.  On Monday night Bryce had trunk or treat at the preschool.  Since Cohen was Little Red Riding Hood we borrowed Shawn & Nat's stuff to make Kelly be the Big Bad Wolf/Grandma in the back of our trunk while Cohen could be Little Red Riding Hood.  Bryce had started to feel bad over the weekend while we were gone to the game and he still wasn't himself.  He did learn real quick that each car was giving out candy so he perked right up for that.







Little Red Riding Hood and "Grandma"


This was a picture of Bryce's class at their Halloween party they had earlier.  

Tuesday was Halloween and it was full of fun.  I got these cute pictures of Kate and her friends at lunch.  Later that day I went to the school to enjoy her class Halloween party and help make the "Witch's Brew".  I love getting to go to her classroom and see her with her classmates.





That afternoon after school, I took the girls and Bryce into town for their Halloween fun.  We really wanted to go so we could let Bryce participate in the Halloween costume contest.  This year he was a tractor and I had made his costume.  I loved making his costume but it is always more work to make them than to buy one!  This costume was so him though and he was proud of his tractor, especially the lights.  I was proud of it too since I had spent time working on it.  He was in another bad mood though so we didn't know how he might do.  In fact he wouldn't put the box on until right before it was his group's turn to go on.  He was too consumed with the jump house!  He did finally agree to put it on though and when he went out there it was like a light switch was flipped.  He walked around and waved at everyone...without even being told!  We were pretty excited and then he won first place!  Suzy had been with me and we laughed saying well we went to do the contest and he did win but we were both wore out after it!  He was pretty proud of his trophy too.  I can't believe I never took one picture of him but I did have this one of him in his car seat holding on to that trophy.  The newspaper had tried to get a photo but Bryce wasn't having it so this was all they could get. Notice his happy face!  Lol.  He may have won first place but after getting the trophy he was done.


We spent our Halloween night at Sara's house.  Each year we eat and trick or treat on her street.  I'm pretty sure we already had enough candy to open our own store but of course the kids love trick or treating!  I walked with Bryce which we were a good ways behind everyone else, but he was so cute walking up to each door to knock and say "tricky treat".  He loved nothing more than getting candy, especially suckers.



Happy Halloween!











SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment