Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Corona Chronicles Continue...Week 3



Who would have ever thought a month ago that this is what our lives would look like now.  We are settling into a new normal of "shelter in place" life.  I have to say part of this is nice, its like summer break has come early.  We have no alarms, no lunches to pack, no set bed time.  And there's another part of this life that I'm ready to be over, not seeing family or friends, no church for the first time in my life, all sports and activities are canceled.  Our baton friends are like family and soccer and T-ball had not even gotten a good start.  So much we were looking forward to and now we're wondering if it will ever happen.  I can't even let myself think that our vacations may be canceled. 
Week 3 was a little rough for me emotionally.  It became a reality that school would not be going back.  I admit, I cried on that one.  And no its not because my kids are here, I love having my kids home.  I cried because I thought of how final that was, how they wouldn't get to say goodbye to their teachers, they wouldn't get to have the fun end of the year activities, and I cried most of all because this ended Bryce's time at preschool.  The fun, innocent time of his life where he and his little group of friends no nothing but fun and play at school.  All of these are such small problems I know and it was mostly me just having a pity party.  We have so much to be thankful for and I am telling myself that each day.  My kids are having a blast with each other and are spending more time together than they have in a long time.  That comes with its fair share of fusses and fights but I guess that's normal too.  If you read this and your kids don't fight then I need your tips of advice. 
I know some day this will pass.  I also wonder when it does how much we will sit and miss these carefree days.  Probably a good bit.  But I bet we come out a lot more thankful for the little things in our life and for the people in our lives.  I miss going to church and seeing so many there, I know my kids are really missing their friends, but I realize God is telling us something.  BE STILL, SLOW DOWN, what we THOUGHT was so important in our lives was actually right there in front of us all along...FAMILY.  Now some of our family we are being told to distance from and that's hard but when this is all over I know we will have a new appreciation for the time we do have together.  That will be apart of our "new normal"!  So for now we are going to continue to "social distance" and enjoy the little things in life.   Here's a little glimpse of week 3!
puzzle number who knows for us

Cohen started zoom classes this week.  We ordered her an outdoor gym floor that came mid week so now she isn't ripping holes in her shoes and she loves her new practice space.  I have to give it to her she has practiced through all this.


I noticed Tuesday or Wednesday...(I mean who knows what day anything is anymore)  that Kate seemed to have some short pieces of hair in front.  Found out she got tired of some hair in her face & cut them off!  AHH!  So now we're brushing those to the side and will be dealing with growing those out.  Why?

When school was canceled everyone was pretty sad.  Kate was sad to be missing her Young Author celebration at school.  She was the winner for 2nd grade at LES.  We are still planning to have her read her story for everyone.  It was called, "How to Find a Snake".  Pretty fitting for her!

Bryce got a packet in the mail this week of some work sheets he could do and he was excited to have "school" too!

There was some tent play taking place in the house this week.  Ellington loves having all the attention, even when Bryce insists on wearing his Darth Vader get up.

Bryce also had  Zoom time with his class.  It was a lot of laughing, screaming, and funny faces.  It was so sweet to hear these kids though.  They were so excited to see each other!

More class time for Coco...

Big news for Ellington this week...she cut 2 teeth!  TWO!  Saturday morning I felt the first one break through and on Sunday we felt the second one.  (sniff sniff)  Baby girl is just growing up on us!

We did get the pool ready over the weekend.  When your quarantined you get the pool ready a little earlier!  The water is chilly but they are ready!


You know Kelly has been loving having all the yard work helpers.  This is his favorite time!

 I was waiting for this one to "fall" in.  He had to get his head wet just a little.


Cohen took advantage of Facetime to practice with her friends.   Whatever works!  I love that they can still motivate each other even when they are physically together.

 And she finally finished her over sized chalk picture!  This was definitely a big ordeal!  We were bringing out the tarp one day so the rain wouldn't mess up her progress. 


that scrunchie face!
 And on Sunday we joined our church with another Live Stream service.  With it being Palm Sunday we celebrated with communion.  I must admit we had the best bread for it...Suzy's bread!  Cohen has become the current preschool director!


And Ellington is sporting her sweet Easter outfits this week.  Bebe had got this cute one last year.  This now is giving meaning to the phrase "all dressed up with no where to go."


2 teeth makes the drool game spot on!
And they're in!  Sunday afternoon swim...or Bryce swam.  The girls went about this far.
 And Sunday night we ended the weekend with a fun surprise.  The Kona ice truck came to the neighborhood!  The kids really loved this!  I hope we can catch it again soon! 
running to the truck!



Baby girl loved her first Kona ice too!


 Is this not the sweetest little picture?  Ellington is doing better sleeping in her bed, she just doesn't sleep all night.  Good thing those alarms aren't on right now!

Now we are in week 4!  I loved the meme I saw about how this was predicted to be a rough week but it was also a rough week for Jesus but look how that turned out!  I know Easter is going to look a lot different for everyone this year but lets remind ourselves that our Savior is alive and know he died for us, so we could be saved!  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment