Thursday, September 5, 2019

First Day(s) of School

Right after we got home from the hospital it was time for school to start!  We came home Thursday night and the first day for the girls was Friday.  That's why we went ahead and came home.  It was a big first day for Cohen, she was starting middle school!  How she is already a 6th grader just blows my mind.  I feel like yesterday I brought her home from the hospital!  And my sweet Kate started 2nd grade.  This mama can't take all the growing up these kids are doing.  I mean really...slow down!  I am praying for good years for both of my girls.  Kate has a great class with a lot of her friends and a super sweet teacher so I just know she is going to do great!
Cohen is now at the middle school with a lot of friends she's never been with in elementary school.  I pray she continues to maintain her sweet friends from Lavonia and also make more.  I pray she can avoid the drama that sometimes follows middle school girls.  I know God has both my girls and I just hope they make smart friend choices and choose to be kind!  So far they seem to be doing great and are enjoying school as much as possible!
My sweet Cohen!  She's killing me how grown she looks!


Sweet Kate!  


This was my first year not taking the girls to school on their first day.  It may have killed me just a little.  I knew I couldn't walk Cohen in so that helped with her a little but I hated not taking Kate.  Kelly took her and I did tell him to be sure to take her picture.  We didn't get one with Miss Fitzpatrick though.   At least we have one from open house just a few days before.

And Dawn was able to get one of the big kids...they will never be able to escape a picture.  

And so thankful for family who happens to see Cohen at school.  I loved getting this picture of her from lunch.  She looked so happy which made this mama feel so much better!

I couldn't wait to hear about their day when they came home.  And they couldn't wait to get home to see Ellington.   Bryce didn't start on Friday so he had snuggles from her all day.





Monday it was Bryce's turn for his first day.  I had to not thing about this being his last first day of preschool.  I can't even believe I just typed that.  I'm going to pretend I didn't.  Next year this mama won't even be able to stand it.  He was sooooo excited!  He was so happy to see his friends, and he loves Mrs. Amy so he was ready to go.  He was also glad he finally got to have his picture made with his sign!  I love this boy more than words can say!





This was Bryce on the first day when he started First Friends in the 2 year old class.  That book bag looked so big.





All smiles when Sug picked him up!
 Bryce was ready to love on Ellington when he got home!

 While the kids were in school Ellington had her first visit to Dr. Setia!  Of course she was what?? Perfect!  We love Dr. Setia.  She had lost some weight so we are going to have to weigh her over the next week to make sure she's gaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment