Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Back to School!

We officially have a 5th grader and 1st grader here at our house now!  Oh, and also a big boy in the 3 year old class at First Friends!  Both girls have had great starts to school and are enjoying their classes so far.  They have been blessed with awesome, fun teachers so I expect they will enjoy their entire year!  They met their teachers, which I think by now they knew them a little already, at open house before school started and then we got some official first day of school pics in too!

I do have to share one story about Kate.  For open house when she was going to meet Mrs. Raines she wanted to take her rubber snake with her.  She already knew Mrs. Raines wasn't a big fan of all the critters Kate loves so much and Kate thought she might scare her by surprising her with her snake.  Mrs. Raines is a good sport and she plays right along with her.  She seems so fun and I know Kate is going to love her!  I hope she won't torture her too much with all her crazy animals.

So excited to have Mrs. Grizzle!!

And Mrs. Raines!!!

Bryce's face kills me in these next pictures.   I'm cracking up just looking at them.  He could not get the concept of open house because he was not at his house he was at church!  When we got there he was ready to play.  I think because it is church he just feels right at home all the time.  Since he has Mrs. Lori this year instead of Sug we wondered how he would do, but so far so good!



Friday was the big day!  The first day of school!  Both girls were excited!  I held it together good until I left the building.  We had taken Kate to her room first and took some pictures then it was Cohen's turn.  She has so many friends in her class and they all had a seat saved for her so she was fine.  I took pics and then left.  It was at that moment that I realized I had just walked her to her class for the last time because this is the last year of elementary school for her.  I had to pick up the pace to get to the car because I just was about to lose it.  Its so hard to believe she is almost finished with elementary school.  








It wasn't until after the weekend had went by that I looked and saw this in Kate's book bag.  She had taken it with her on the first day of school!   Bless Mrs. Raines



sweet girls!


Bryce didn't start until Monday.  He was ready to go to.  There were lots of cars and trucks to be played with!   I barely got a picture of him with Mrs. Lori before he was on the rug playing with his buddies!  He was so glad to be back with Noah and Grayson!  This year Mrs. Lori has 9 boys and 3 girls!  We will definitely be praying for her!  







And after school we still have pool time!


No comments:

Post a Comment